What's new

Center Options?

Can you show me an All-Star player who was the #1 option on the #1 seed and the #1 option on the best offensive team in the NBA over a two year stretch that was 25 years old and netted a return comparable to Herro and Duncan?
Wow lots of qualifiers there homey… do his initials have to be DM too?

It sucks not knowing what direction the front office intends to go in. If we're tanking, then obviously we should just give Kessler all the minutes we can and try to develop him, Dok as well. If we're actually trying to compete then Poeltl definitely seems like the best option. I'm hoping for a move in the next few days that will give us some clarity about Ainge's intentions.

Wow lots of qualifiers there homey… do his initials have to be DM too?
Don has shown he can be the primary offensive option on very good teams for 5 straight seasons. A super max worth of commitment financially to Herro/Duncan ain't the way you're going to rebuild.

It sucks not knowing what direction the front office intends to go in. If we're tanking, then obviously we should just give Kessler all the minutes we can and try to develop him, Dok as well. If we're actually trying to compete then Poeltl definitely seems like the best option. I'm hoping for a move in the next few days that will give us some clarity about Ainge's intentions.
I don't even think he knows at this point.

Don has shown he can be the primary offensive option on very good teams for 5 straight seasons. A super max worth of commitment financially to Herro/Duncan ain't the way you're going to rebuild.
He shot 40% overall and 20% from theee in the playoffs while playing matador defense… am I doing it right?

Just wanted to mention that the Clippers pulled the trigger on that massive package because they were getting PG *AND* Kawhi with it.

In no scenario are the Jazz getting a package like that so just get it out of your head.

Just wanted to mention that the Clippers pulled the trigger on that massive package because they were getting PG *AND* Kawhi with it.

In no scenario are the Jazz getting a package like that so just get it out of your head.
Herro/Duncan on what's basically a super max and the 28th pick in 5 years is the best we can do then.

Take your nuance and facts elsewhere sir.

If Don is going to be back, this the situation where I think it’s great to use a pick to go and get Ayton or Collins. You’re very likely to be able to get a pick back even if things go badly. Surrounding Don with youngish players and seeing what you have is not a bad plan….unless you are impatient and desperate to tank now.

It’s interesting to think how many 1st round pick Lindsey used on center after already having Gobert and didn’t get one that is more than a 3rd stringer.
And for some reason he was completely enamored with what the 90's would call a solid center. Big, plodding, takes up lots of space, has no other skills other than being big. Instead he could have gone for a more athletic freak, like Rudy, or any of the combo/stretch 4's and 5's that were out there, even as projects. Or he could have gone for some wings with defensive chops, you know, like what the team actually needed. Good hell he was such a waste. Incompetence that derailed an entire era of Jazz basketball. He will never be forgiven.

Why sign Poeltl if we want to tank? Just roll with Doke, the Illinois kid and the Auburn kid (they suck so bad their names aren’t worth remembering)…if any injury occurs, sign whatever refuse off the heap we can get. Or go with Vandy.