What's new

Charlottesville

Just as recently as 1955. Lol wut?

Nearly 100 years after the Civil War and blacks were still being treated as cattle. Maybe we just have a different view of history here, but many people alive today lived at a time when blacks had to use separate facilities, weren't allowed into libraries, and could be killed for saying something to a white woman.

The words are great. Yusra Khogali. One of the founders of BLM. Is a terrible person. Google her.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I also hear evolution is fake because Darwin totally embraced Jesus on his death bed.

Nearly 100 years after the Civil War and blacks were still being treated as cattle. Maybe we just have a different view of history here, but many people alive today lived at a time when blacks had to use separate facilities, weren't allowed into libraries, and could be killed for saying something to a white woman.

On this view of history I so far agree with [MENTION=365]The Thriller[/MENTION]. Major strides weren't really made till the 60s through the present.

If I were to say right here and now that black lives matter, what would you think of that, nateboz?

Okay, I'm going to go ahead and just say it:

Black lives matter.

Hey guys, the "Black Lives Matter" movement is a hate group because a co-founder of the Toronto chapter (probably the single most important chapter in the entire organization) is basically a racist.

The words are great. Yusra Khogali. One of the founders of BLM. Is a terrible person. Google her.

This is misleading. She wasn't one of the founders of BLM as an organization. She co-founded a Toronto chapter of BLM. And while I don't agree with her statements I'm not going to judge her too harshly for them. POC have a right to their anger directed at a justice system that has in many ways failed them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using JazzFanz mobile app

Using a complete outlier, the co-founder of Toronto's branch of BLM, who has said racist things in the past shouldn't demean the entire BLM organization and message. Nor should it place it in the false equivalency as the KKK. In every organization and movement, especially those in wide-scale national basis, you'll have a few radicals or bad apples. Doesn't make the movement any less noble.

The Civil Rights Movement of the 50s and 60s saw several leaders saw racism or hateful things. Rosa Parks was as militant and belligerent as they came. To many whites, predisposed to believe that blacks were inferior, she promoted hatred. Malcolm X played a key role in raising awareness and built a strong contingency that ultimately helped promote the cause of equality. Hell, even the great MLK was under FBI surveillance, cheated on his wife, and later in the movement, privately questioned their pacifist tactics.

So I guess, if you want to find angry BLM people who you could construe as promoting hatred, you'll find it. But that's not their core message nor their cause. If you're looking for a perfect leader, you aren't going to find it. Gandhi maybe. But some of our greatest civil rights leaders over the past 100 years were far from perfect. From Nelson Mandela to MLK to the current leadership of BLM.

The KKK on the other hand? It's core beliefs are hateful and bigoted. How do you compromise with a group that openly wants to take rights away, enslave other groups, and destroy lives?

Using a complete outlier, the co-founder of Toronto's branch of BLM, who has said racist things in the past shouldn't demean the entire BLM organization and message. Nor should it place it in the false equivalency as the KKK. In every organization and movement, especially those in wide-scale national basis, you'll have a few radicals or bad apples. Doesn't make the movement any less noble.

The Civil Rights Movement of the 50s and 60s saw several leaders saw racism or hateful things. Rosa Parks was as militant and belligerent as they came. To many whites, predisposed to believe that blacks were inferior, she promoted hatred. Malcolm X played a key role in raising awareness and built a strong contingency that ultimately helped promote the cause of equality. Hell, even the great MLK was under FBI surveillance, cheated on his wife, and later in the movement, privately questioned their pacifist tactics.

So I guess, if you want to find angry BLM people who you could construe as promoting hatred, you'll find it. But that's not their core message nor their cause. If you're looking for a perfect leader, you aren't going to find it. Gandhi maybe. But some of our greatest civil rights leaders over the past 100 years were far from perfect. From Nelson Mandela to MLK to the current leadership of BLM.

The KKK on the other hand? It's core beliefs are hateful and bigoted. How do you compromise with a group that openly wants to take rights away, enslave other groups, and destroy lives?
I totally agree. The problem is that the BLM has become less about good by the day. And the beginning isn't necessarily all that great either.
I wish racism would be going away. It seems to be getting stronger.

I totally agree. The problem is that the BLM has become less about good by the day. And the beginning isn't necessarily all that great either.
I wish racism would be going away. It seems to be getting stronger.

What evidence do you have to support this view? I'm not discounting your opinion but I'm curious to see why you feel this way.

If they're becoming more hateful, why? Could it be because they're not seeing the reforms so desperately needed?

We just had the largest white supremacist rally in decades today. White racists feel emboldened and empowered.

Perhaps we should listen to BLM for a second? They might have a point. This is where I feel strongly about. To a large extent, I feel like they've been discounted and ultimately ignored. Police reform has come slowly, incarceration and judicial reform hasn't happened, and people are still being put in prison longer than rapists and murderers for selling a leaf that should've never been criminalized in the first place.

I'm curious, what do you think about Herriman and Draper allowing "confederate soldiers" and the rebel flag to march in the 4th/24th of July parades? It was awkward this year and everyone got quiet as they marched. What they were marching for? Who the hell knows? Utah was a territory during the Civil War. After today, I'd think their marching in the parade would be considered even more awkward, right? With such a blatant and ugly scene as today, captured on social media and cellphones...

i dont know bout the new testament, but evolution, big bang and dinosaurs are in the old testament

so it is science and religion in sync

Yeah and if you tilt your head sideways and squint your eyes hard enough Nostradamus predicted Hitler.

just tell a BLM that ALM is the where it's at!

they will at best curse at you!

Yeah, because you'll be saying such a mind-numbingly stupid thing that they've heard 100s of times already.

The entire point of saying explicitly that Black Lives Matter is because in our current justice system black lives, in particular, have been treated like they do not matter. That statement is a challenge to the status quo. To say all lives matter just brushes the very real and very specific problem of the way police and the courts treat black people under the rug.

link so i can judge for myself if it is real or just media crying wolf

White Nationalists and Neo Nazis. Here's the lineup that was put together for the rally.

http://www.c-ville.com/kids-alt-right-guide-new-crop-white-nationalists/#.WY-gP5L3ahD

And David Duke made it clear enough in speaking at the rally:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/david-duke-charlottesville-rally-trump-promises

"During a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va. on Saturday, former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke said the event is in line with President Trump’s “promises.”

“This represents a turning point for the people of this country. We are determined to take our country back,” Duke said. “We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he’s going to take our country back.”

If you need more evidence, google is your friend...

Again, David Duke made it clear enough what the rally was about. Some people think Trump did not go far enough and condemn white nationalism. Not David Duke:

http://www.businessinsider.com/davi...p-for-condemning-charlottesville-rally-2017-8

"Former KKK leader David Duke struck out at President Donald Trump for condemning the violence at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

In a series of tweets Duke questioned why the president, whom he usually supports, is attacking white Americans who put him "in the presidency."

You're up, Dutch....