What's new

Chat log being automatically added to the game thread

JimLes

It's garbage. Can we please get rid of it? Or have a democratic poll about it?

I see the point of it, but it breaks the flow of a game thread. If I wanted to see what people were saying in chat, I'd go through the trouble of clicking on it.

I think it's really cool. Allows me to catch up on what's happened so far in the game when I tune in late.

And you can always put "Chatroom" on ignore, can you not?

It's not about me "ignoring" it, which I have done already. It's about the logic of having both a game chat and a game thread. The overlap seems to be large enough to wonder why we have both. In other words, why should anyone use both chat and post in the game thread during the game?

It's not about me "ignoring" it, which I have done already. It's about the logic of having both a game chat and a game thread. The overlap seems to be large enough to wonder why we have both. In other words, why should anyone use both chat and post in the game thread during the game?

Yeah maybe our game threads should shift to pre/post talk and let chat be the during the game thing all by itself. Maybe better to post the chat to it's very own thread? Would it be possible to post the chat to a locked thread?

The thing a few of us like about the game thread having comments during the game is that it allows me to kind of follow the game after the fact and get reactions from fellow fans as they watched the game. Interesting to see how the mood changes more than what I get if I just check the score after the game and read a recap. If the jazz win the recap is all positive, if they lose it's all negative, but the comments during the game are more honest moment to moment. Basketball is a game of rhythm and momentum, the comments reflect that.

Yeah maybe our game threads should shift to pre/post talk and let chat be the during the game thing all by itself. Maybe better to post the chat to it's very own thread? Would it be possible to post the chat to a locked thread?

I was just about to suggest the exact same thing. I think this would be a great solution, since I can't see the reason for anyone to post in both the chat and the game thread.

Yes, in a browser, click the lined menu and select CHAT from the list. Or go to the link directly as posted by "chatroom" in the game thread.

Thanks Jason, I didn't see it in the lined menu but I clicked the link in the game thread.

Instead of a poll, proponents and opponents should have to fight it out, to death in a cage armed with hammers, last man standing wins. I know its a bit extreme claiming that it will a man left standing but im just playing the odds.