What's new

Check out this Pic! Refs jobbed the Jazz

getjazzed

Wow I cannot believe the refs, and particularly the ref standing there, completely missed this.
2011-March-4-1-29-30.jpg

The ref did miss this call badly. Its a technical foul for touching the ball while out of bounds. The jazz should have had a free throw and the ball with approximately 1.2 seconds on the clock. However, having watched that replay several times and seeing this perfect picture, it is clear why the ref under the basket missed this call. The ref was signaling that KMart had dropped the ball and AK could legally pick it up. The problem is the ref missed KMart's actions because he was making this signal with his hands.

By the way KMart is such a scum bag. He was trying to get AK to steal the ball out of his hands while standing out of bounds. If AK would have touched the ball it would have been a technical. AK was too smart for KMart so he tried a hard fake. Ironically, when he lost the ball and AK picked it up, he was still standing out of bounds. KMart instinctively did the wrong thing that he could not bate AK into doing. What a scum bag. I wish the ref would have caught this.

Now, the picture reveals the ref making the hand signal which interfered with the call. If you go back to the celtics game Joey Crawford was in even better position, saw Garnet hack AK across the arms and intentionally swallowed his whistle. The Denver game was bad reffing the Celtics game was a screw job

Wouldn't this had been readily obvious when they reviewed to see if AK made the last shot before the buzzer?

Or are they not allowed to review this type of play?

Or maybe we could have played some defense?

Or maybe our starting SG could have made, you know, a shot?

Or maybe our starting PF could have scored more than 10 measly points?

Or maybe had our backup centers done anything other than get stuffed by the rim?

We focus so much on this one call and ignore a game of missed opportunities.

Maybe we should just beat teams instead of relying on the refs to bail us out? If we're up 10 at this point, then this whole problem is eliminated.

Thriller your absolutely right to call out the Jazz's bad play, but how is making the correct call having the refs "bail us out." It shouldn't have mattered, but it did. One bad call may have blown that game. Add in Lawson's BS attempt to draw a foul by jumping four feet into Harris on the layup and you have two really bad calls late in the game.

John Stockton once said that two bad calls can cost a team a game. He was right.

Or maybe had our backup centers done anything other than get stuffed by the rim?

Maybe we should just beat teams instead of relying on the refs to bail us out? If we're up 10 at this point, then this whole problem is eliminated.

What you are saying is true, but what does making a correct call have to do with bailing them out. Not only that, will we ever have the chance to see a five point comeback in the last 1.6 seconds again? That had the potential to be one of the NBA's all-time epic finishes.

On a related note, I've seen several comments that it should have been a technical for Kenyon to touch the ball. Are you sure about that? If a player has checked into the game and happens to be standing out of bounds when he touches the ball I don't see why that would be a technical. It happens all the time, and all it means is that the other team gets the ball.

On a related note, I've seen several comments that it should have been a technical for Kenyon to touch the ball. Are you sure about that? If a player has checked into the game and happens to be standing out of bounds when he touches the ball I don't see why that would be a technical. It happens all the time, and all it means is that the other team gets the ball.

This. If Martin still had the ball trying to inbound it and AK touches it, that's a technical. Once it leaves his hand and he touches while out of bounds, it's simply the other teams ball.

The fact is, Chuck Norris no longer wants the Jazz to win. As such - we aren't.

I don't think that is true. Its a dead ball technical. You are correct that if the play is live and you step out of bounds its just the other teams ball. But Martin never established himself onto the court. I believe this is a dead ball technical, but I could be wrong.

Does it change anything that AK was in the process of taking a shot when it happened?

I mean obviously it changes nothing now, but in real life would it have changed the proper call?

What if a player on the bench who was not on the court had reached out and touched the ball? Isn't that a technical? Doesn't Martin have to establish himself on the Court first? The ball was indeed live, but Martin had never established himself on the Court.

Don't they have an ask Ronny Nunn (spelling bad) segment on tv where I can ask this question to the NBA's head ref or did that segment get canceled because it was bringing to much bad pub to the NBA.

Thank you Thriller for giving the correct perspective on the game...

I don't think that is true. Its a dead ball technical. You are correct that if the play is live and you step out of bounds its just the other teams ball. But Martin never established himself onto the court. I believe this is a dead ball technical, but I could be wrong.

The rule is this. Because AK had the ball inbounds and Martin was out of bounds the ruling should have been Jazz ball out of bounds with as much time on the clock as there was when Martin made contact with the ball. Its just like a player stepping out when touching the ball.

wrong, the ref is clear motioning a "tuck rule" situation. unfortunately for the Jazz, the game ended on offensive penalty, because there was a 10 second runoff.

Yes but did he ice the puck?

So what that the ref missed that call? Giving a T basically ends the game too.

Maybe AK could have just made the layup?

Or hell, maybe we could have just flat out won the game given all the opportunities we had.

Yet, we continue to play horrible defense, our starting SG refuses to give us any kind of production, and we commit crucial turnovers in late in the 4th quarter. Detroit, Boston, and now Denver...