What's new

Chicago SHOULD trade Jimmy Butler; and we SHOULD be there with the right package.

Wow. I like Jimmy Butler, but he is really over rated by Jazz fans.

perhaps a bit. But the jazz need to turn two $20Million contracts into one $30Million contract. That's Hood and Favors for Butler. If we can't get it done, then let's hope that either Hood or Favors gets much better than most of us are anticipating (i.e. from "really good" to "great").

perhaps a bit. But the jazz need to turn two $20Million contracts into one $30Million contract. That's Hood and Favors for Butler. If we can't get it done, then let's hope that either Hood or Favors gets much better than most of us are anticipating (i.e. from "really good" to "great").

This is exactly the point. The Jazz have tough decisions ahead, and yes we still have some time. Fact of the matter is we cannot keep everybody.

Hayward and Hill (and possibly Ingles contract?) this offseason

Favors, Hood, Exum due next season.

Like I said, Jazz do have time but if a guy like Jimmy actually is available, it would be ignorant of FO to not throw together a package.

I will agree with some people, the fit (more personality wise, rather than basketball wise) may not be ideal.

Is it not easier to put up points on a bad team? Doesn't that happen all the time? He's a good player, but not nearly good enough to give up what is being thrown out here.
Bulls aren't that bad. Its not like they are so bad he is getting garbage time points. They just have no shooting and no PG.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Really hoping we can extend Favors, given his sort of ****ty year due to injuries, at about 17M per. Think it's possible?

Is it not easier to put up points on a bad team? Doesn't that happen all the time? He's a good player, but not nearly good enough to give up what is being thrown out here.

How many 2 way players on this level are ever available? Gotta take into account how good he is on the defensive end.

He's one of the few players that would make me consider trading Favors.

Last edited:
How many 2 way players on this level are ever available? Gotta take into account how good he is on the defensive end.

He's one of the few players that would make consider trading Favors.
I agree. Maybe, but there are people on here thinking Favors, Hood, Exum and multiple 1st round picks is a not enough to land Butler. If that is even close to what it takes then he's not worth it.

I agree. Maybe, but there are people on here thinking Favors, Hood, Exum and multiple 1st round picks is a not enough to land Butler. If that is even close to what it takes then he's not worth it.

It might be enough, the problem is there might be other teams giving up high upside unproven talent with high draft picks our picks aren't very valuable. Bulls might want high lottery picks. We can't provide that as of now. We may not be able to outbid teams with higher picks. Just my opinion.

Where will the time come from to play those five players? Always turn five nickels into a quarter.

In this case your turning a quarter, a dime and 3 nickels into a quarter.

Really? Will any of those players ever amount to the type of player Jimmy Butler is? I mean it is obvious you don't share the same opinion as most on Butler but you can't deny he is a legitimate superstar...

By the way, a Hill/Jimmy/Hayward/Gobert may be the best matchup to Golden State outside of the Cavs.

In this case your turning a quarter, a dime and 3 nickels into a quarter.
Whatever package you would put together for Kawhi Leonard is probably about one Golden State pick more than one that you should put for Butler. Are people really questioning giving up Favors for butler? The 3rd or 4th best (when healthy) guy on the roster for a guy who would come in and immediately become the best player on the team. (Not to mention the PF spot is quite possibly the least important position in the game today, while the wing positions are star studded)

Butler is a great player but now is not the time to do a big trade like this : the team will discover the playoffs this year and its goal is to reach the conference semis, a first round exit would be a disappointment. Then the priority is to keep the current core (ie find ways for Hill and Hayward) together for next season. Then and only then, because the jazz will still be in a solid position with plenty of youth, rookie deals, good contracts, etc.. you try to see how you could upgrade the team and maybe go to the next level. If by then Butler is disgruntled in Chicago, a window of opportunity might open up, but right now is not the time for that type of distraction.

Butler is a great player but now is not the time to do a big trade like this : the team will discover the playoffs this year and its goal is to reach the conference semis, a first round exit would be a disappointment. Then the priority is to keep the current core (ie find ways for Hill and Hayward) together for next season. Then and only then, because the jazz will still be in a solid position with plenty of youth, rookie deals, good contracts, etc.. you try to see how you could upgrade the team and maybe go to the next level. If by then Butler is disgruntled in Chicago, a window of opportunity might open up, but right now is not the time for that type of distraction.
There's never a wrong time to add a superstar. If he's available, you ****ing go for it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

Haven't read this thread - not gonna.

But would I trade for Butler? Absolutely.

A talented hard worker like that, I'd take him in a heart beat and then work out the "chemistry" issues afterwards.

Do I actually think this is a possibility or that The Bulls would move him at all in a mid-season trade? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA.