What's new

China Eastern Airlines flight MU5735

Al-O-Meter

Has anyone seen the news on this one? The fight was cruising along at 29,000 feet then nosed over and flew straight down. There is video of it flying vertically into the ground. There is no hardware failure on this plane capable of doing that. It was done on purpose.

Has anyone seen the news on this one? The fight was cruising along at 29,000 feet then nosed over and flew straight down. There is video of it flying vertically into the ground. There is no hardware failure on this plane capable of doing that. It was done on purpose.
Assuming that's true, it wouldn't be the first murder-suicide by a pilot.

Just terrible.

I dont know that it was done on purpose a lot more information is needed, but it is very sad either way. Nice to see a rare fast response from Xi on this.

I really hope it was not any kind of terrorism.

The article I read said that after the initial nose dive, the plane pulled up, then dived again.

The plane was a Boeing 737-MAX, the same type that crashed in 2019 that had its nose dive, get corrected and dive again and the pilot was nkt able to retain control due to a faulty sensor and lack of safety features and training. The dive here was much more extreme.

There was a ton of criticism for corners cut by Boeing for this plane that were supposedly fixed. I wouldn't rule anything out at this point. A very sad situation.

The article I read said that after the initial nose dive, the plane pulled up, then dived again.

The plane was a Boeing 737-MAX, the same type that crashed in 2019 that had its nose dive, get corrected and dive again and the pilot was nkt able to retain control due to a faulty sensor and lack of safety features and training. The dive here was much more extreme.

There was a ton of criticism for corners cut by Boeing for this plane that were supposedly fixed. I wouldn't rule anything out at this point. A very sad situation.
Why spread fake news? That plane was not the MAX variant.

Imagine the horror of being in a plane powerless knowing that you and everyone around you be it family, friend or stranger are going to die in the next few minutes and there's nothing you can do about it.

Perhaps you'd pass out from the g-forces with such a steep descent and loss of cabin pressure, but I can't imagine such a fate.

I read that 1 of the 2 black boxes was found, then one that records the cockpit. China also has invited USA NTSB to come help the investigation since the plane is USA made. But strict virus control might prevent them from going.