What's new

Choose Gobert or Donovan, you can't have both!

Build the future of Utah Jazz

• Rudy Gobert

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Donovan Mitchell

Votes: 23 44.2%

• Total voters

416Klawzz

For the sake of curiosity, assuming Gobert and Mitchell can't mend their relationship and we are forced to keep one and get rid of the other, who do you pick for the future of the franchise and why ?

I say Gobert. He is more valuable, he is loyal and he is our future.

Donovan is more of a players player, he would be someone that another star would want to play with. Gobert has a larger impact individually, but Donovan seems to be a better teammate, and seems to connect with the rest of the nba better.

Donovan is more of a players player, he would be someone that another star would want to play with. Gobert has a larger impact individually, but Donovan seems to be a better teammate, and seems to connect with the rest of the nba better.

I agree Donovan can use his stardom to draw other stars, Gobert has less of that ability

Independent of anything else, you can get a much better return on Donovan in the event one is moved.

what is worth more, Donovan's ability to get more value via a trade or his ability to attract big name free agents to Utah ?

what is worth more, Donovan's ability to get more value via a trade or his ability to attract big name free agents to Utah ?

We don’t have too much in trades assets rn. This isn’t ever going to happen but I’d keep Donovan, try to attract another star, and then sign like Steven Adams or possibly see what Myles Turner is worth.

We don’t have too much in trades assets rn. This isn’t ever going to happen but I’d keep Donovan, try to attract another star, and then sign like Steven Adams or possibly see what Myles Turner is worth.

Do you think Gobert is worth the supermax?

We're keeping both. Even if Rudy and Donovan don't like each other personally, they can work together professionally. That's how life works. Rudy is a victim of the pandemic just like everyone else.

If we were going to move Rudy it would be because he wants to leave in free agency or because he wants a supermax and the front office doesn't want to pay that much. However, given where the cap is going to be next year, both of those scenarios become unlikely.

I have serious trouble picturing a scenario of trading one, keeping the other, leading us to a title

Can't really think we'd get same impact Rudy has on winning, even more on modern nba

Also doubt we'd receive a more skilled and/or less flawed player as our first scoring option if we traded away Mitchell

Maybe trade Mitchell would make more sense in terms of the roster timeline and don't wait too much to start a rebuild. If we traded Rudy, we'd most problably fail to get better, but keep trying to build around Mitchell, than struggle to put together a really strong team before he decides to go out for nothing on his ufa (or maybe at least show some compassion to be open on his decision to leave but act more in a Paul George way, and not so much in a Kawhi Leonard, Anthony Davis style)

I have serious trouble picturing a scenario of trading one, keeping the other, leading us to a title

Can't really think we'd get same impact Rudy has on winning, even more on modern nba

Also doubt we'd receive a more skilled and/or less flawed player as our first scoring option if we traded away Mitchell

Maybe trade Mitchell would make more sense in terms of the roster timeline and don't wait too much to start a rebuild. If we traded Rudy, we'd most problably fail to get better, but keep trying to build around Mitchell, than struggle to put together a really strong team before he decides to go out for nothing on his ufa (or maybe at least show some compassion to be open on his decision to leave but act more in a Paul George way, and not so much in a Kawhi Leonard, Anthony Davis style)
If Rudy is traded it's because their relationship broke and the Jazz chose him. Also, the Jazz will choose Donovan for several reasons. At that point he better have patience on the winning part cause it'll take a few years to adjust back, depending on what you get in return I guess. There was an article that said "if it comes to that, Jazz will choose Donovan every day of the week".

I have a fear that we will choose Donovan but he won't want us, maybe I'm still wounded by the Hayward situation, I hope things are different this time around.