What's new

Chow, Nibble, Gag -- Fermented food edition

Which Fermented Food Would You Chow, Nibble, or Gag?

• Total voters
It depends on the type of kimchi for me and the type of olives. Sauerkraut is the neutral one for me. It's always good, but nothing life changing. Kimchi is life changing good when it's right, different kinds can be gag. Olives are usually meh, but a few are stupidly good.
These are my favorite olives by far. Family run operation, local groves, old growth olives, cured here in socal. Used to be able to find them in local supermarkets until covid hit and their production fell way way off. Fun to visit their local store when it was open and walk the grounds. Cool place. But the olives are something else. Delicate is the right word to use really. Large tender medium-ripe olives, cured simply in salt brine, with a mild but distinct savory flavor, maybe not life-changing, but damn good. You can just sit down and eat an entire can at once. I have ordered them as well, and it is worth it. Although right now they are priced pretty high. Considered a gourmet olive so they go for more, especially since covid.

1659541028568.png