What's new

Chris Paul

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
2024 Award Winner
The Suns have engaged with the Thunder in trade talks for Paul.

This seems like such an obvious move for us I don’t know why we wouldn’t try to make a move for him. We would be legit contenders with Paul.

We also have pieces to make it work. Phoenix would have to trade Rubio and Oubre to make the salaries work. Rubio has an extra year on his contract than Conley does and Oubre is a UFA after this season. Not sure what incentive there is for OKC to take Rubio on for an extra year when Conley is an expiring contract.

Paul would be on the books for $41 mil this year and $44 mil next year. I’m not sure what kind of compensation OKC is looking for but I would gladly trade Conley and 23 for Paul. Imagine how big of an upgrade that would be and we would be legit contenders. A win now move for two straight years. Resign Mitchell and Gobert and go for it.

Paul would instantly make Gobert have his best offensive season of his career and would be a great fit next to Mitchell. Our defense would upgrade as well and be phenomenal. We need to get involved and make this happen.

This seems like such an obvious move for us I don’t know why we wouldn’t try to make a move for him. We would be legit contenders with Paul.

We also have pieces to make it work. Phoenix would have to trade Rubio and Oubre to make the salaries work. Rubio has an extra year on his contract than Conley does and Oubre is a UFA after this season. Not sure what incentive there is for OKC to take Rubio on for an extra year when Conley is an expiring contract.

Paul would be on the books for $41 mil this year and $44 mil next year. I’m not sure what kind of compensation OKC is looking for but I would gladly trade Conley and 23 for Paul. Imagine how big of an upgrade that would be and we would be legit contenders. A win now move for two straight years. Resign Mitchell and Gobert and go for it.

Paul would instantly make Gobert have his best offensive season of his career and would be a great fit next to Mitchell. Our defense would upgrade as well and be phenomenal. We need to get involved and make this happen.
It’s your pick, you seem to hold up the draft every time around. Pick GD IT!!

I just can’t with that contract. Thunder want to move him because he’s so expensive.

I want flexibility going into 2022.

You want to give a 1st, too? Hehehe.

Here is what I talked about in another thread. Only way I see a Mike deal getting done is a scenario like this where OKC doesn't want Ricky and doesn't care much about Oubre. So say you put Mike into the deal... do you like Mike more than Ricky and Oubre? What else could you get? I wouldn't be that excited for a Ricky reunion, but there were times this year when Mike was sucking that I thought about what it would have been like had we kept him.

I wonder if they’d do Conley for Paul and their 1st.

They might want to get off of that contract that badly, especially with revenue concerns.

Like OP said, we’d be a legit contender and maybe most importantly, Paul could legit attract a FA that imo Spida or Gobert couldn’t. A guy/stretch 4 or 4/5 that could maybe get us over the hump.

They might want to get off of that contract that badly, especially with revenue concerns.

Like OP said, we’d be a legit contender and maybe most importantly, Paul could legit attract a FA that imo Spida or Gobert couldn’t. A guy/stretch 4 or 4/5 that could maybe get us over the hump.

OKC does have 8 or 9 extra 1st round picks from now until 2026. However, I think OKC could find a way to trade Paul without having to send out a pick.

They will get a pick and get off his deal... guaranteed.

If I'm Utah I do this trade all day long.

Not only do Rudy and CP3 not get along (though I'd wager, they'd be best buds on the same squad).

What would concern me is CP3 needs the ball in his hands more than Conley does. If Donovan doesn't get to dribble - that takes away all of his dribble-drive moves. Part of the reason CP3's points, FG%, 3P%, and FT% went UP this season vs last season - he had the ball in his hands a lot more. He would probably be a better fit than Conley, but for how long? CP3 with be CP36 years old by the end of this season, and when players of that age get an injury - it's often their last injury.

Also Paul does nothing to help with our length and defensive backcourt issues.

Phoenix is taking a huge gamble. OKC took his contract with nothing to lose and everything to gain (draft picks).

Here is what I talked about in another thread. Only way I see a Mike deal getting done is a scenario like this where OKC doesn't want Ricky and doesn't care much about Oubre. So say you put Mike into the deal... do you like Mike more than Ricky and Oubre? What else could you get? I wouldn't be that excited for a Ricky reunion, but there were times this year when Mike was sucking that I thought about what it would have been like had we kept him.

I'm not a Ricky fan but if he is your backup pg that's solid. Plus if it nets you oubre that's worth it alone. Oubre would be awesome for us.

I'm not a Ricky fan but if he is your backup pg that's solid. Plus if it nets you oubre that's worth it alone. Oubre would be awesome for us.
We are a better team with Rubio and Oubre than we are with Conley.

And we save $3 million for next season which would allow us to bring back JC for less than $10 million AND use the full MLE staying under the luxury.

And we get to start Don at PG.

And I think Rubio and JC work together in the 2nd unit.

And we get another wing scoring option in Oubre.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Would have to bring a 3rd team that would want Rubio and give an additional asset to Phoenix. I doubt Utah really wants to go back to that just to grab Oubre since they willing gave up on it.

Jazz could then just start Mitchell at PG and sign someone like DJ Augustin to be the primary backup. Maybe even a Trey Burke reunion?