What's new

City of the Future

I see stuff like this and just have to laugh that we think this will ever be built. Who would want to live in such a place?

This prince thinking it could be built in ten years has no grasp on reality.
I was going to post about this today. I love these concepts and how they sell people on that this will make their lives better, simpler and saving the planet at the same time.

I would not live in this place. I love open space, rural areas and nature. I love the outdoors to hike, camp, and explore.

The oil money built Dubai and I bet it can build this, but ten years sounds more optimistic than Elon Musk’s mars goals.

I was going to post about this today. I love these concepts and how they sell people on that this will make their lives better, simpler and saving the planet at the same time.

I would not live in this place. I love open space, rural areas and nature. I love the outdoors to hike, camp, and explore.

The oil money built Dubai and I bet it can build this, but ten years sounds more optimistic than Elon Musk’s mars goals.
I look forward to this guy's take on the the Saudi 75 mile long building/city.

I mean, let’s just think about how long a single building takes to build the size of the Empire State Building.

Now imagine that same building stretching from Ogden to Orem.

Aside from the cost (it would be more than a trillion), the lack of materials and manpower, the issue the world has is that we’re not running out of land, it’s the natural resources we need to live off the land.

This **** is what you build in Sim City when you’re drunk and have cheat codes.

I look forward to this guy's take on the the Saudi 75 mile long building/city.

If that history is correct and continues with building this city, it will be a long *** building with a sexy exterior but a severe infrastructure and engineering problems; while being built by modern slavery. Pass.

The logistics of maintaining this city sounds miserable, especially with the assistance of poop trucks for 9 million people.

If that history is correct and continues with building this city, it will be a long *** building with a sexy exterior but a severe infrastructure and engineering problems; while being built by modern slavery. Pass.

The logistics of maintaining this city sounds miserable, especially with the assistance of poop trucks for 9 million people.
When I was in the Navy and we went to Dubai (I've been there like 6 different times), Jebel Ali is the actual port we pulled into, I saw the poop trucks. Not for the building it was only just beginning construction when I was there, but for the aircraft carrier I was on. While at sea we just dump our sewage as we go, but in port in Jebal Ali they didn't have sewage hook-ups so there was a line of poop trucks that non-stop came in and collected our sewage. That's for 6000 people, and while in pot 2/3 of them have the opportunity to go poop somewhere else.