What's new

CJ McCullum

green

So, I know there are rumors that the Jazz really like him and are trying to move up to get him, but the more I look at him, the more he screams Jimmer to me.

Not a good passer, not a good defender, a good shooter but not lights out, not a good finisher at the rim...

Before we move up to get him, someone tell me I'm wrong. Please.

So, I know there are rumors that the Jazz really like him and are trying to move up to get him, but the more I look at him, the more he screams Jimmer to me.

Not a good passer, not a good defender, a good shooter but not lights out, not a good finisher at the rim...

We are just going to have to trust in the front office ultimately.

We are just going to have to trust in the front office ultimately.

Yeah, no kidding. This year especially. There just looks to be nothing good out there. Noel at #1? I feel bad for Cleveland's GM. You almost have to take Noel, but you know the kid is going to bust. He isn't a number 1 pick. Even if he plays 10 years, the GM will look bad for taking him because he isn't a #1 talent level. This draft is a GM killer, because 1 or 2 of these kids will become really good, and the rest will flame out, and you have no idea who will get in the right situation with the right work ethic to be that kid.

Did all this scouting you did teach you his name, at least?

Glad we made a thread on this.

I did it for you. A thread is not official until dalamon whines about it being redundant. ;)

Obviously my thoughts are the most important thoughts on McCullum or I wouldn't have started the thread.

duh.

This. Hell it's not like there isn't 10 threads it could go in..

Damnit green!

lol. I'm sorry. I was up late all night with a kid, I wanted to feel special and have people focus on my thread, and I didn't want to go back through other threads.

After listening to C.J. McCullum in an interview, I like him. He's a smart kid. I think he'll make it.

McCollum has been my guy in this draft from the get-go. He can shoot, create his own shot, has a great head on his shoulders and I think his PG skills are better than he's given credit for (the assist #'s don't scare me. Lehigh needed him to score). He'll never be John Stockton or a "pure PG" (whatever that means), but neither are guys like Westbrook, Chalmers, etc. He's a lead guard who can shoot from anywhere, get to the rim, create his own shot and could one day excel in the P n' R.

I'm not positive I'd be willing to trade Burks + 14 or 21 for him, because a) I'm high on Alec and b) we'd be really thin on the wing, but CJ is my guy. I think he is the only franchise PG in this draft (I can't comment on Schroder, I've never seen him play).

I don't know why, but I have a gut sense the organization is targeting him, and Lindsey strikes me as the type to aggressively go after his guy. Fingers crossed.

McCollum has been my guy in this draft from the get-go. He can shoot, create his own shot, has a great head on his shoulders and I think his PG skills are better than he's given credit for (the assist #'s don't scare me. Lehigh needed him to score). He'll never be John Stockton or a "pure PG" (whatever that means), but neither are guys like Westbrook, Chalmers, etc. He's a lead guard who can shoot from anywhere, get to the rim, create his own shot and could one day excel in the P n' R.

I'm not positive I'd be willing to trade Burks + 14 or 21 for him, because a) I'm high on Alec and b) we'd be really thin on the wing, but CJ is my guy. I think he is the only franchise PG in this draft (I can't comment on Schroder, I've never seen him play).

I don't know why, but I have a gut sense the organization is targeting him, and Lindsey strikes me as the type to aggressively go after his guy. Fingers crossed.

Cool. Thanks.