What's new

Clarkson mentioned in inaugural NBA.com Clutch Player Ladder

Release the Kraken

There will be a long overdue Jerry West Clutch Player of the year award this year and NBA.com posted their first Ladder yesterday. De'Aaron Fox is currently in the top spot followed by Luka, DeRozan, Mitchell and Brunson. The Next Five section includes Jordan Clarkson at #8 with just SGA and JB before him. I doubt Clarkson is glamorous enough to win but still he's in good company and he deserves to be!!!!

If Ainge should happen to trade his a$$, expect picket lines at the Delta Center!!!

Donovan is on the short list for clutch player of the year??? I haven't watched a lot of Cavs games this year, but after watching him in the clutch last year, I find this very hard to believe.

Last edited:
There will be a long overdue Jerry West Clutch Player of the year award this year and NBA.com posted their first Ladder yesterday. De'Aaron Fox is currently in the top spot followed by Luka, DeRozan, Mitchell and Brunson. The Next Five section includes Jordan Clarkson at #8 with just SGA and JB before him. I doubt Clarkson is glamorous enough to win but still he's in good company and he deserves to be!!!!

If Ainge should happen to trade his a$$, expect picket lines at the Delta Center!!!
I doubt it's a glamour thing and probably more stats based than even other awards.

Hm... something fishy about those rankings and where they derived that list from. If you go look at NBA.com clutch stats (min 5 clutch games played), you kinda wonder how Embiid and Jokic are not in that ranking. Steph also snubbed.

I mean those two beat everyone on that top 10 list in clutch BPM and clutch game Win-Loss ratio (well Jokic beats Luka, but Embiid and Luka are tied with .667). DeAron Fox is 11-9, Derozan is 8-13 and SGA is 8-15 for instance, while Joker is 12-5 and Embiid 10-5. Also they are #1 and #2 in clutch FTA. Embiid also ranks #4 in clutch points while Jokic ranks #9 in points and #1 in clutch assists. Neither one has terrible shooting splits either so its not like quantity over quality thing.

Also even though I havent watched Sixers that much I can instantly remember multiple instances where Embiid also made a big defensive play (Westbrook shutdown, trapping Clarkson in our last meeting, blocking Lauri in our first meeting).. Joker maybe not so clutch defensively but definitely offensively.