What's new

Clock malfunction in blazers game

Maybe each has just become too dependent on the other, figuring one is running the time. In this case, neither was.

That's what I read, the "Precision Time" system, but it's confusing because in that controversial game in Phoenix the ref blew his whistle but the clock ran for several seconds afterwards. Either the system isn't being used all the time, or it is malfunctioning. Is there a labor/job-security issue at play? Pushback from the time-keepers guild or something? It's beyond me how these things are an issue.

The same box the ref wears is tied to their whistle via a mic IIRC. The clock is supposed to stop automatically on a whistle. Must have been a malfunction.

It’s amazing. It goes back at least 10 years. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a clock malfunction on the road, yet we have them regularly. And every time the officials go talk to them and that same guy has that puzzled look on his face. It must be some kind of skimming scheme the Millers have set up to squeeze out more advertising dollars. We must get a bigger cut of nationally televised dollars, too, because it seems to happen more on those games.

He's probably related to the Millers, maybe he's their intellectually challenged nephew or something. A good 50 percent of the bad hires at work are somebody's relative, their useless 20 something son on an endless gap year, finding themselves while ****ing up some job as a clerk. The cleaner that unplugs somebody's life support to vacuum the room is the daughter of some douchebag from management. The nurse who is dangerously incompetent and a risk to their patients is the nephew of an executive director. So on and so forth.

Last edited:
Was a pretty major clock malfunction in the Rockets game too. Boler and Big T talked about it. Not just at Vivint.