What's new

Closing Lineup, Crazy Experimental Lineup

SoberasHotRod

As the roster stands now, who would be your closing 5? Then, what crazy lineup would you love to see Quinn Experiment with?

Here's Mine:
Closing Lineup - Conley, Mitchell, Royce, Gay, Gobert

Crazy Lineup - Ingles, Clarkson, Royce, Bogey, Gay

P.S. Even this shortened off season is way too long

Closing lineup would just be the standard starting lineup (Conley, Mitchell, Bojan, Royce, Gobert). I think we should be slightly more flexible and actually sub some people in and out down the stretch, and not just for offensive/defensive purposes. At least from time to time. I'd throw Gay in there some and occasionally Ingles. Gay could come in to replace Royce if you're looking for more offense, or Bojan if you're looking for more defense. If we're not running with another perimeter defender, I'd like to see if we can get Forrest minutes specifically as a defender to see if he's a guy you can throw in at the end of the game for a few possessions for defense.

And as far as a lineup that wouldn't be a closing lineup, but I'd like to see some brief moments of Gobert/Whiteside minutes like our Gobert/Favors lineups. Put three shooters on the floor.

I'd like to see how Mitchell and Paschall play together, given that they've done it for years. A lineup of Mitchell/Clarkson/Royce/Paschall/Gay would be interesting.

I want to see a lineup of

Gay, Paschall, Bogie, Ingles, Mitchell.

That’s 5-out.... everybody can shoot and put it on the deck. Reminds me a bit of Atlanta‘s lineups with Galanari and Collins, but with even better ball handling.

Closing Don, Mike, Royce Rudy and either Bogey or Rudy Gay

Crazy ... Gobert, Whiteside, Doke, Joe, Bogey

Closing lineup is probably the same one.

My crazy line up would be

Mitchell
Oni
Royce
Gay
Paschall

Closing lineup would just be the standard starting lineup (Conley, Mitchell, Bojan, Royce, Gobert). I think we should be slightly more flexible and actually sub some people in and out down the stretch, and not just for offensive/defensive purposes. At least from time to time. I'd throw Gay in there some and occasionally Ingles. Gay could come in to replace Royce if you're looking for more offense, or Bojan if you're looking for more defense. If we're not running with another perimeter defender, I'd like to see if we can get Forrest minutes specifically as a defender to see if he's a guy you can throw in at the end of the game for a few possessions for defense.
Theoretically, I like Gay in to close to help rebound and give a better presence in the paint when teams try and pull Gobert out.

A thought I had while thinking about lineups is that Royce just makes lineups work. His low usage, ability to guard multiple positions, good outside shot, and great rebounding are super valuable. This is especially true with all of our high usage players.

Jazz could also put out a Brute Squad lineup with Mitchell, Royce, Brantley, Paschall and Udoka. I don't think it would be very good, but it would look cool for a few minutes.

Any closing lineup without Gobert is terrible. He's makes so many game winning plays. Royce is the only starter I could see swapping out for closing depending on matchups.

As far as experimental goes I'm in for Butler, Conley, Mitchell, Paschall, Doke. Three creative guards in the back, full on bully ball at the front. Probably a monumental failure, but I'd like to see it nonetheless.

Really love to see how this line up goes on both sides of the court.... Mitchell, Ingles, Royce, Gay, Gobert

The hamstring lineup to close out games:
Don, Joe, Royce, Gay, and Rudy

Blow out:
Not Oni

Crazy:
Rudy, Hassan, Eric, Royce, and Don

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz