What's new

Closing with Juancho?

Bogey is so good offensively, so clutch, has so much gravity and provides so much spacing for Donovan to operate. There is no way I would close games with him off the floor.
That is only true if he ever touches the ball. Being the playoffs Mitchell will have even more impetus to dominate the ball at all costs in the 4th quarter. It won't matter at that point who is standing around watching him do whatever the **** he thinks he is doing. What will matter is can we defend on the other end and get a rebound or 2. It might be more beneficial than we think to have Juancho out there instead of Bogey, if it helps us get a few stops so we can weather the storm of Mitchell and his 0.162 shooting at the end of games (or whatever it is, it is lower than **** that is for sure).

Bogey has a rebounding % in the clutch of 5%, which is worse on our team. Our offense with him in the clutch is 105.4, so his clutch shooting and gravity aren't helping us too much (surprisingly our defensive rating with him is good). If you think he needs to close, which the logic makes sense, then we need another rebounder to make up for where he lacks.

Bogey is so good offensively, so clutch, has so much gravity and provides so much spacing for Donovan to operate. There is no way I would close games with him off the floor.

Agreed. Remember when he was out this year? I think it was our worst stretch of the season. He appeared to be more important than rudy gobert or donovan lol. He is muy muy importante

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Not true. His defender will not leave him. Even in times of donovan hero ball. He is too deadly from 3. Especially in the clutch.

Yeah but my point is that even with him in we have seen DM repeatedly drive into the teeth of the defense and with 2 or 3 guys surrounding him still throw up bad off-balance shots. It is the issue of Bogey not getting the ball to actually do something with it. He might draw a defender but if the offense will still be bully-ball to the rim and bad shots hoisted up against a double-team then what Bogey brings will be far less effective and maybe we would be better off with someone in who will be a better defender and rebounder at that point. Best hope to get the offensive rebounds as the bricks are laid.

Yeah but my point is that even with him in we have seen DM repeatedly drive into the teeth of the defense and with 2 or 3 guys surrounding him still throw up bad off-balance shots. It is the issue of Bogey not getting the ball to actually do something with it. He might draw a defender but if the offense will still be bully-ball to the rim and bad shots hoisted up against a double-team then what Bogey brings will be far less effective and maybe we would be better off with someone in who will be a better defender and rebounder at that point. Best hope to get the offensive rebounds as the bricks are laid.
Good post and good point