What's new

Coach Corbin, Karl is waiting for your phone call...

If it does happen. The first thing that Karl should do is take them outside the ESA right in front of his statue and explain how through hard work he went from a mid to late 1st round pick to a hall of fame career and how many guys taken ahead of him are not in the hall of fame.

No, Don't even think about hiring Malone until after the lockout. Let Stockton&Malone work with the players during the lockout. I don't think the offense will be changing all that much this year.

It's definitely "Dawg." I want nothing of Glenn Robinson coaching.

And I've said if for months now. I believe the Jazz gave Favors Malone's number with a wink. Malone couldn't do anything with the players during the lockout if he was hired by the Jazz.

No, Don't even think about hiring Malone until after the lockout. Let Stockton&Malone work with the players during the lockout. I don't think the offense will be changing all that much this year.

It's my greatest hope that this is actually happening. Let Malone be an unofficial coach until the lockout ends. Then, I think it's probably the right move to bring him on staff (as long as he respects that it's Ty's team).

As much as I love him Imo hiring Karl would be a cluster. He is to opinionated and volatile to be to play second fiddle. Unless he had a clear understanding that there was no possible way for him to ever be our head coach and a clear understanding of his role I don't think it would ever work. Even then he would constantly be making counterproductive comments and stirring the pot while being completely oblivious to what he was doing .

As much as I love him Imo hiring Karl would be a cluster. He is to opinionated and volatile to be to play second fiddle. Unless he had a clear understanding that there was no possible way for him to ever be our head coach and a clear understanding of his role I don't think it would ever work. Even then he would constantly be making counterproductive comments and stirring the pot while being completely oblivious to what he was doing .

Spot On. I loved Karl but he is one of those guys that I don't think could coach a lick. Have him go help the Lakers.

I don't know why Karl wouldn't make a good coach. He has a legacy of hard work and team play. He certainly knows the game and how to play. Yes his personality is an issue but Karl from most accounts was a good teammate. I know great players do not always make great coaches. However I think he deserves some consideration simply because of his accomplishments.

I think they should do what they did with Hornacek. Hire him as a part-time consultant/coach and if it works out then you hire him full time. Karl might just be happy being involved with the organization again and not want the full-time grind of traveling and coaching.
Again, I agree that Karl's personality is the biggest issue however I don't think it should disqualify him from consideration. KOC and Ty simply need to address this issue with Karl when/if he interviews. They can point out the concern and tell Karl that he is being hired to coach and not to be the sideshow or a celebrity. If he can accept it then he gets the job and at any time he forgets he will be in jeopardy of losing the job. I think Karl would get on board with it. Karl was a student of the game and adjusted his game as he aged. I remember Phil Jackson stating that he was extremely impressed with Karl when he played for him. He was especially impressed with how hard he worked and how professional he was. I wouldn't doubt Karl could display some of the same attributes as a coach. Again I would take a look and hire him as a consultant to work with the big guys. If it doesn't work out then do not hire him full-time.

Involving Karl with the Jazz is a must, but only after the lockout ends. For the next few months he needs to be our secret weapon to help the big guys develop during the lockout.

I hate the Lakers, but I admire the job they've done of keeping their superstars involved in creating a winning culture. Magic, Jerry West, Kareem and others maintain a high profile relationship with the team. That likely helps with recruiting. Since Karl obviously wants to, we should allow him to do the same for the Jazz. I loved it when Karl showed up and had Jerry's back last year. I agree that the parameters need to be clear but I really don't think Karl would want to be a head coach, anyway. I wish Stockton wanted to have some visible involvement but that's not his way. Hopefully he'll have some involvement with point guards in the future as he did with DWill.

We need these guys because we just lost a generation of Jazz legacy. I don't see Boozer or DWill involved after their careers end. Maybe Memo and Kirilenko will have some involvement.

Somebody at work told me AD (Adrian Dantley) was fired or going to be let go but I haven't found it or seen it anywhere on the internet. If that did happen he also would be a good big man coach and has experience of being the main assistant coach.
Again I didn't say he was fired and haven't found anything on it and it probably was not going to happen in the first place but just saying if it did happen it would be good IMO.

I'm seriously down with finding Antoine Carr and giving that guy a job. He was mean and nasty, something the Utah Jazz are seriously missing. Give our guys a Big Dawg Boot Camp.