What's new

Coach Q silent during time out. Team responds 16-2 run.

Great tactic by Quin. Give him two wins this season just due to his motivational techniques:
1. The infamous "WAKE UP" game.
2. The silent stare down.

Can hardly wait until he pulls the next rabbit out of his hat. He'll be legendary before long.

I should have tried this with my girls' team last year.
On second thought, I'm told I look kinda scary when I get mad. They'd probably all be seeing shrinks had I just stared at them for a couple of minutes.

His quote in the post game was great. Something like..."I get tired of doing all the talking, they need to learn how to communicate. They weren't talking out on the floor."

He continues to express a desire for his team to talk with each other. With so many anointed leaders (Hayward, Trey, Exum) it is surprising that there appears to still be a leadership gap. Somebody step up.

His quote in the post game was great. Something like..."I get tired of doing all the talking, they need to learn how to communicate. They weren't talking out on the floor."

He continues to express a desire for his team to talk with each other.

Surprisingly, this is one of the areas Burks was excelling at

Great tactic by Quin. Give him two wins this season just due to his motivational techniques:

Can hardly wait until he pulls the next rabbit out of his hat. He'll be legendary before long.

On second thought, I'm told I look kinda scary when I get mad. They'd probably all be seeing shrinks had I just stared at them for a couple of minutes.

A few more years of losing may make him lose his mind and choke someone out in the huddle... We will respond with a ten game win streak.

A few more years of losing may make him lose his mind and choke someone out in the huddle... We will respond with a ten game win streak.

I think his next move will be to hand his clipboard to an assistant and simply walk into the tunnel to the locker room. And not because he gets two T's and is forced to leave. He just looks at the team, shakes his head, dishes off to his lead assistant and leaves. I definitely would PAY to see something like that.

I think his next move will be to hand his clipboard to an assistant and simply walk into the tunnel to the locker room. And not because he gets two T's and is forced to leave. He just looks at the team, shakes his head, dishes off to his lead assistant and leaves. I definitely would PAY to see something like that.
I'd be down with that. But he better give a heads up to the Millers' before doing this so it's clear that it's purely a motivational tactic and not him quitting/giving up/walking out on the team...could send the wrong message to ownership otherwise.

is it a college team ure coaching

is it a college team ure coaching

Nope...9 yr olds. So obviously joking about the stare down.
I went from having an amazing defense one season to having a group that just didn't get the concept of needing to hurry back. And you have to play everyone (bench has to be completely substituted every quarter).

I do look mean, though. I just have the mouth that naturally turns down when I'm just doing nothing or thinking. Kind of like Lavell Edwards - for those who remember him. Always appeared as if he was scowling.

Nope...9 yr olds. So obviously joking about the stare down.
I went from having an amazing defense one season to having a group that just didn't get the concept of needing to hurry back. And you have to play everyone (bench has to be completely substituted every quarter).

I do look mean, though. I just have the mouth that naturally turns down when I'm just doing nothing or thinking. Kind of like Lavell Edwards - for those who remember him. Always appeared as if he was scowling.

Dat RBF doe

Quin is amazing. This guy is coaching his mother ****ing *** off. This is what I always wanted to see out of Ty. A little out of the box thinking. A little experimentation. Hands on. Head in. Taking some ****ing risks.

I will be 100% honest. I haven't always spoke highly of Quin. But I really like reading things like this. It really makes me think differently regarding his coaching skills. Good article.

Glad to see he's finding new ways to motivate the team. However, as a married man I can tell you the silent treated has very limited effects.

That would be a great tactic actually IMO. Love it.