What's new

Coach Q silent during time out. Team responds 16-2 run.

one can only wonder whats next. whats great is that he isnt doing this all the time. its here, and there and its brilliant.

Quin is amazing. This guy is coaching his mother ****ing *** off. This is what I always wanted to see out of Ty. A little out of the box thinking. A little experimentation. Hands on. Head in. Taking some ****ing risks.

Snyder is a coach.

Corbin is a former player and likes to be BFFs with players.

Snyder commands respect and sometimes even intimidates his players.
Corbin commands a hug and a funny joke to be "in" with his players.

Snyder is never happy with his players, demanding perfection.
Corbin was always happy with his players, regardless of the effort.

Snyder is a black Hummer rocking AC/DC.
Corbin is a VW Bug with a pink flower on the hood playing Taylor Swift.

I wasn't a Snyder guy before the season. He has converted me. He's the best thing since sliced bread. What's cool is to see how he's improved as well. The way he's using gobert and Exum now is good. The way he's isolating Hayward? Stroke of genius. Putting Burke into the corner for 3s? Far better than asking him to create.

I think together, this team and young coach can do a lot of good together. I think he's one of the young budding stars in the NBA. Many "fans" have no idea about Favors/Gobert/Hayward. Most slurp up the flavor of the week "Kerr, Mark Jackson, etc." Guys like Snyder, Tibbs, etc just kick *** and win.

Keep on doing stuff like that and the team just tunes it out imo, that kind of stuff wears thin on players. This ain't college.

Especially if you are walking out on the team. If you go into the locker room, you might as well never come back at all.

one can only wonder whats next. whats great is that he isnt doing this all the time. its here, and there and its brilliant.

Yep. He's not regularly getting angry at his players, which is something I'd be concerned about. It's more of a thing that happens rarely, but when it does happen, my God.

Quin is the man.

Quin is amazing. This guy is coaching his mother ****ing *** off. This is what I always wanted to see out of Ty. A little out of the box thinking. A little experimentation. Hands on. Head in. Taking some ****ing risks.

I dont think its coaching as much as leadership. Thats the most important aspect of coaching. In college it gets you recruits and in pros it gets highly paid fat heads to want to please you.

As someone said earlier the results dont show coaching greatness but the box scores and eye test do.

Here's where I get really excited. Quin's mentioned how time is the biggest restrictor in-season because between games, travel, and so forth, there's just not a ton of time to do everything how he might like, so managing his time and trying to get to everything he wants to get to is crucial. I get excited because I think that once the season is over, he's going to know these guys so much better and they're going to respect him so much more, and he'll challenge them to become great this off-season, and they will, and that when training camp opens, he'll have access to them 24 hours a day so to speak.

You can't pull stuff like this every week. But some unique motivational tactic like this 1-2 times a season can.

Agreed. On the postgame after QS said what he had done they asked Phil Johnson about it and he said he had done it before and other coaches have as well.

Lol, a bit weird, but somewhat amusing video by Jody Genessy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EfIHYj3jKQ

:D

It was a little bit weird — or "uncomfortably fun," as SF put it — wasn't it!? I've been doing Vines to recap each game, and somebody suggested this song. I wanted to do a video longer than six seconds, so YouTube seemed the way to go. Several of the lyrics coincided with photos/videos I'd seen, so I figured why not try something unusual for fun. Admittedly, the karaoke-like singing was cheesy (and perhaps in need of some auto-tuning). Oh well. Turn the sound off if you have to and enjoy Snyder's stares.

Hope Jazzfanz is doing well! Have a good 2015!

Jody

Can anyone find footage of the actual whole minute and thirty second timeout with the players huddled around Quin, him staring like a madman?