What's new

Coach Quin Snyder compares Gordon Hayward to Grant Hill

I miss the days when Deron was shouting on him. Utah really tries everthing, to make this guy the franchise face... If they don´t stop, we will never win a championchip.

Meh my initial post was more negative than I intended it too be. This comparison made me more excited about Gordon Hayward but Ima stay pessimistic so that way I am never disappointed.

Hayward > hill

Hayward > hill

Pre or post injury? Grant Hill was/has always been in a bad spot with injuries. I even remember him saying that he was on the operating table when his heart stopped. He was super close to dying before he made his last comeback before retirement. Over the course of their actual careers so far, yeah Hayward is better than Hill, but if Hill was never injured, then Hill could have been one of the best players in the 90's-00's easily.

Ther passing games were similar, but Hill simply had better scoring acumen. He could score in the post, off the dribble, from distance.

Hayward is trying to add a floater, which is huge. The post will be his final frontier.

Hayward is clearly better than Hill post injury.

The comparison is legit - they do have similar games. But to say he's as good as Hill pre-injury is another matter. I think Hayward would need to build on this season and have another 2 or 3 like it before you can put him in Grant Hill's class pre-injury. More importantly he'd need to do it on a winning team. Grant Hill was the best all around player on a 50+ win team. G-Time is the best all around player on a (+/-) 30 win team.

Hahaha.

Of course the comparison comes pre injury. Duh.

And the comparison isn't bad. Hayward has taken some steps. But Hill in those 90s was arguably the 2nd best guard in the league. And we all know who the best guard was at that time... Had Hill never suffered injuries, that Orlando Magic team would have been very dangerous.

Pre or post injury? Grant Hill was/has always been in a bad spot with injuries. I even remember him saying that he was on the operating table when his heart stopped. He was super close to dying before he made his last comeback before retirement. Over the course of their actual careers so far, yeah Hayward is better than Hill, but if Hill was never injured, then Hill could have been one of the best players in the 90's-00's easily.
Post injury.

Happy to see the collective IQ is higher than I thought. Pre-injury Hill was pure beast.

That's not taking away from Hayward and I can see shades of the comparison.

Pre injury hill wasn't as good as lebron is, but he would have been better than Durant, cp, melo, and anyone else not named lebron.

https://kfanav.s3.amazonaws.com/20150208_Quin-Snyder-FULL.mp3

Ima do what the media does and blow things up. Hayward is gonna be next Grant Hill fo sho. Maybe a post injury white version of Grant Hill.

I apologize for being so blunt, but that is an asinine comment. You seem to have chosen to deliberately misinterpret quin.

His mannerisms remind me of grant hill. I'm talking about his demeanor. Grant did not look like he was doing all that but he was competing so hard.

I apologize for being so blunt, but that is an asinine comment. You seem to have chosen to deliberately misinterpret quin.

His mannerisms remind me of grant hill. I'm talking about his demeanor. Grant did not look like he was doing all that but he was competing so hard.

Yeah, Snyder didn't compare their games, per se. He even said that wouldn't be fair to Hayward.

Having said that, Hayward is damn good. Better than I think anyone expected at the time of the 2010 draft.

Dude I posted that **** at like midnight I was high as ****.