What's new

Coach Quin Snyder compares Gordon Hayward to Grant Hill

Hayward is good. Really good. Grant Hill was great. Injuries really robbed him, but man, what a fun player to watch.

I actually think this is a pretty damn good comparison. Hayward has taken a monster leap - he's every bit the part of a max player and would be getting some All Star/All Pro love if his team wasn't so ****ty.

They're different athletically but GH has definitely turned into the same type of all-around stud that Hill was.

I actually think this is a pretty damn good comparison. Hayward has taken a monster leap - he's every bit the part of a max player and would be getting some All Star/All Pro love if his team wasn't so ****ty.

They're different athletically but GH has definitely turned into the same type of all-around stud that Hill was.

Did you ever watch prime Hill? I'm guessing you didn't.

Grant Hill went to Duke

Hayward > Prime Hill

UK and Duke are the two schools who mostly put out tainted goods.

elf-clip-art-christmaself4.jpg

Grant Hill went to Duke

Hayward > Prime Hill

UK and Duke are the two schools who mostly put out tainted goods.

Haywards superior 3 point shooting and strength would probably lead me to agree. Grant Hill was an extraordinary far more explosive athlete pre foot injury but that's about it as far as him being better than Hayward. He was great to watch but in terms of actual results i always thought he was a little overrated.

but that's about it as far as him being better than Hayward.

pre-injury Grant Hill: 5 time allstar, 5 time All NBA, Rookie of the Year, 10 triple doubles in one season, led team in points, rebounds and assists for full season, averaged 22 pts /8 reb /6 assists.

He was extraordinarily smart and athletic.

People, we love Gordon, but please lay off the crack cocaine and get some perspective.

Advanced stats don't lie bros. Grant Hill at 24 was 25% better than Gordon Hayward at 24, and Dante Exum is the 4th worst starting PG in the history of the NBA.

Prime Hill/ this year Hayward

VORP: 7.9 /2.5
WS/48: .223/ .148
BOPM: 8.0/ 3.4

You can argue about which stats are most important, but its really not close. Grant was elite during his prime. Gordo is borderline AllStar.