What's new

Coach Sloan, the Man, the Coach, the Legend!

Well guys... Let me just start by saying, "Be careful what you wish for..."

If this is truly a case where a player, or worse, multiple players have made this decision by tuning one of the best coaches in NBA history and forcing him out the door... Then you can bet that the days going forward will be a LOT darker than the last 20+ years...

When you let the inmates run the asylum it usually results in chaos... Well, this is where this franchise is heading... I don't have a problem with Ty Corbin and who knows, he may be the next great NBA coach, and in turn, I may be back here eating crow... But I doubt it...

Pro sports has changed in a big way since I was a kid... Guys played for the love of the game and the honor of being the best the world had to offer... While getting paid peanuts to do it... These are games we used to play for fun as a kid... Now it's a business... And a ruthless one at that...

Larry H Miller did the best he could to make this franchise unlike any other in todays sports world... And it resulted in multiple winning seasons and a few shots at some championships to boot... For those of you that are happy to see Sloan go, I remind you of a few teams in todays NBA that continue to be bottom feeders year in and year out... The Clippers, Wizards, Nets, Grizzlies, just to name a few... All of these teams have had multiple coaches over the years, and people wonder why they're rarely if ever successful on a consistent basis...

Would you "Sloan haters" really trade these 20+ years for the many years these teams mentioned above have suffered... And if you say yes, you're a liar and not to bright to boot..

Sloan molded a lot of 2nd rate players into very good role players over the years... Chris Morris, Greg Foster, Greg Ostertag, Shandon Anderson, Raja Bell, Donyell Marshall, Howard Eisley, Marc Jackson, Andrei Kirilenko... The list goes on and on, and for those players that aren't still with the team, they did next to NOTHING when they went elsewhere...

If Sloan was coaching a team with a bigger budget and in place where your bigger named players wanted to play... He would have probably won as many championships if not more than Phil Jackson...

But he was forced to draft well and turn 2nd rate players into effective role players to be successful.. Where as his revered counterpart, Phil Jackson, would never take a "rebuilding job" if his life depended on it, and is worshipped for winning a bunch of championships with already established superstars...

When this team takes a turn for the worse... And becomes a regular bottom feeder for years to come, I want some of you to remember this post... But for those of you that have been calling for Sloans head for some time now, I doubt I'll see you even posting on this board... You'll have already jumped off of this sinking ship and latched yourselves to some other team, all the while claiming you've been a fan of since the beginning of time...

I know how to spot the pretenders, I deal with this kind of thing in my current occupation, and your ignorance will be brought out in the open for everyone to see in the next couple of years...

Thank you Sloan... Thank you for sticking with your principles until the very end and telling the "powers to be" to shove it up their asses... You know, it's funny... Larry H Miller was probably one of the softest, nicest guys in this business and Sloan, being the grumpy hard *** that he is, stuck with him until the very end... It tells you something about Sloans character actually and the fact that he did accept people for who they were even when their differences were so great...

Yeah, maybe Sloan was stubborn and getting old, but I know when I look back 10 years down the road, I'll miss him a lot more than I already do...

Thanks Sloan... You are truly THE Utah Jazz!