What's new

Coin....

I still am baffled at how people look to the past to try and predict what will happen to our pick.

I still am baffled at how people look to the past to try and predict what will happen to our pick.

Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it

Like I said not that it applies to odds but just putting it out there in hopes to help it not be repeated.

nice, well done!

yeah the syntax looks pretty similar to python. My prof's recommended i learn to use matlab, i defiantly never touched it, and regret it now looking back.

I've heard some good things about Octave, a free Matlab clone, so if you are still interested in learning Matlab that might be the way to go. (I've only used Matlab myself, though, not Octave.)

Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it

Like I said not that it applies to odds but just putting it out there in hopes to help it not be repeated.

I know it's random, but I have friends who go to Vegas and always seem to come home with some money from the slots every trip. I, on the other hand, seldom win at any game of chance. Call it random, but like the song, "some guys have all the luck."

I talked about my bad luck in another thread, didn't know about the flip today, and we won. I need to stay away from the Jazz on big days.

I'll give you my rarely used whopping 30 whatever rep power if you stay away on May 20th.

I talked about my bad luck in another thread, didn't know about the flip today, and we won. I need to stay away from the Jazz on big days.

The draft lottery takes place on May 31st. Stay away from here until June.

Deal?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'll give you my rarely used whopping 30 whatever rep power if you stay away on May 20th.

Why would you tell him the real date? Make up a fake one do that even if he is tempted that it is the wrong day.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I read some miscalculated odds around, here are the correct ones:

33.7 percent chance of winning a top-three pick.
43.6 percent top four.
80.9 percent top five.

@chadfordinsider: NBA just did tiebreakers for draft. Utah (25-57) won a tiebreaker with Boston.

This is the first time Jazz won the the tie breaker in decades. This is huge for the Jazz - this one spot may be a difference between a superstar and just a good player. For once the fortune has smiled upon us... for now.

According to Locke on Twitter...Biggest impact of @utahjazz winning tiebreaker with @celtics - Jazz chance of being 6th, 7th or 8th in draft is now 17% rather than 44%.

That's part of, and it is a pretty huge part as well. But there is another element too. Let's say top 3 teams end up with top 3 picks. Then we get #4 pick instead of 5, which is pretty significant. Locke of course did not account for that, but we have a much better chance at being top 4 than Boston as a result also. All and all, this is very good for us.