What's new

College Basketball 2015-2016 Thread

Skal seems like he's not as good as the hype suggested. Idk though, cause I haven't seen a game yet. But 3 rebounds a game? That's bad.

Skal shouldn't be the scapegoat, I don't care what anyone else has to say on it. He hasn't played so poorly to deserve that..

He's certainly not playing as advertised, the rebounding thing is due to having a handful of other teammates hawking boards(trying to make up for their lack of 3pt shooting!!).. Skal will average more boards per game in the NBA, like Porzingis's #'s forthe Knicks vs his #'s for Sevilla...

There's more blame to go around though. Poythress kinda puts up empty stats, he gets blocked too much for my liking, I want to believe Poythress has a really high BBIQ - I just don't see it on the court though. He tries to take charges with both feet in the restricted area.. **** like that is lame to see from a Jr. tbh.

I swear Dwayne Bacon would've fit perfectly on this team.. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Kentucky seems to lack a 2nd floor spacer right now, when they stumbled out of the gate Coach Cal swapped Matthews out for Mulder. Part of that is because of Ulis, who's now turning down open 3's to take 2 dribbles into an easier 2pt shot.. Thats the deathknell for his 1st round chances if it continues..

Skal, Poythress and Ulis are obviously pressing though, wait til they settle down. They've got Louiville on the schedule next who I've watched play at least 5x this year, I'm quite convinced their seriously underrated. They play like a top-10 team IMO, easily. Losing Mango Mathiang will be big for them, watching UL I've asked myself "Are all 3 of these Centers going to make the NBA?" (Onuaku, Mahmoud and Mathiang) Pretty abnormal for a college team tbh, now Onuaku's foul trouble will be more of an issue.

Ulis will need a Shabazz Napier esque run thru the tournament to get drafted in the 1st, other than that he's got no chance. .282 from 3 on 4 attempts isn't nearly good enough. It was a damn shame they didn't keep feeding Jamal in that 2nd half, whats he gotta do to get the ball? drop 40 in a half??

Briscoe's shooting looks really suspect so far in college. He legit looks like a 50% FT shooter.. It's gross, seems like he's going thru a bad stretch right now. Too many moving parts in his motion..

Now obviously this isn't the best way to market the talent for all parties involved. Here's what I'd do if it was my team though.

Briscoe starts at PG - I want to see what he can do. Doesn't mean he closes the games at PG. I believe he can handle getting the team off to a good start though..
Mulder at SG - Let him shoot himself out of the starting spot. I don't care how bad his defense is. They've got multiple rim-protectors.
Murray at SF - I'd also feature him offensively the entire game, not just when their down 10 and trying to comeback. And sell him as the #1 pick.
Derek Willis at PF - Not saying he should play heavy minutes. I say start the game with the shooters all over the court. I would give him closer to 20 minutes though, he's underrated.
Marcus Lee at C - Wish I could put Skal here but like PKM said he's been kinda soft(it's not just rebounds)

The bench unit is then epically loaded. You've got energy players and Ulis and Skal to play a 2-man game, vs college backups they'll kill it.

Basically... It's time to bring back the

97c927347166b25e4857b0850b419a17.jpg

Game of the year tonight.....UC Irvine/Kansas. Not really, UC Irvine will probably poop out by halftime but it should be interesting to see how Kansas tries to handle Mr. Big considering they don't have anybody over 6'10" or 240 lbs.