College vs. NFL

Which is better?

• College football

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • NFL

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters

Beantown

After last night it was very clear to me again how much more I love college football. Last nights game compared to the Boise state VT game was not even close. The passion in college football is just untouchable. I do love the NFL but fantasy football is the only reason it's keeping it's excitement. I still love my chargers but college is still #1 and for me it's not that close. So what is everyone elses thoughts?

I like the NFL, but tend to be disinterested in any game that doesn't involve the 49ers. For example, I didn't watch NO v. Minn.

I love college football. The quality of play in the NFL is higher, but that's what makes college ball more interesting to me. It's like anything could happen.

If at the end of the day college football found a real champion they would win hands down. But they don't so it's the NFL.

After last night it was very clear to me again how much more I love college football. Last nights game compared to the Boise state VT game was not even close. The passion in college football is just untouchable. I do love the NFL but fantasy football is the only reason it's keeping it's excitement. I still love my chargers but college is still #1 and for me it's not that close. So what is everyone elses thoughts?

Negative Ghostrider. College Football is a nice distraction for me on a Saturday. And I do enjoy watching it...but it doesn't come close to the joy I get from a Sunday jam-packed with the NFL. The talent level of the NFL far surpasses college.

I'm thinking Boondock was disagreeing with him while explaining his own position. And I agree with BDS. I love Ute games but I clear my schedule for Sunday services in The Church of The Natonal Football League.

He doesn't like college ball better? Wow, you sure made him look stupid, thinking he knows what he likes. LOL.

Thank you, thank you for this deep and insightful commentary. I don't think this ever occurred to anyone.

Easy there Capt. Cynical. I believe if you read:

So what is everyone elses thoughts?

then he was simply asking for everyone elses thoughts. I was simply saying that I disagree and that I enjoy the NFL more due to a variety of factors up to and including athletic ability. I never presumed to tell him how to feel/think and anyone who enjoys college ball more, then more power to them. You sure jumped all over a meaningless post pretty quickly.

P.S. I would say the passion for the NFL from its fans runs just as deeply as the passion for College ball.

vikings-fan.jpg

vikings-fan.jpg

I'm thinking Boondock was disagreeing with him while explaining his own position. And I agree with BDS. I love Ute games but I clear my schedule for Sunday services in The Church of The Natonal Football League.

I serve as a faithful deacon of this church. Serices begin 09/12 at approximately 1030, Sunday, MST.

I was simply saying that I disagree and that I enjoy the NFL more due to a variety of factors up to and including athletic ability. I never presumed to tell him how to feel/think and anyone who enjoys college ball more, then more power to them. .

That's great, because I was simply saying that I disagreed with your position. That's all. You must have just misunderstood me, much like I misinterpreted the phrase "negative ghostrider." I was reading that as "you're wrong." Obviously that's not what you meant at all.

You sure jumped all over a meaningless post pretty quickly

Color me enthusiastic.

P.S. I would say the passion for the NFL from its fans runs just as deeply as the passion for College ball.

Undoubtedly. I would never assert otherwise. And I understand your reasons for enjoying the pro game more. It's just interesting (to me) that I enjoy it less, for the exact same reasons.

-2 from Bronco for not getting the classic line.

Actually, I am very aware where that comes from, and I use it myself with some frequency. It's all about context.

Slider... you stink.

Thanks for the neg rep over your own assumptions, though.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TroutBum again.

Well, I tried.

Actually, I am very aware where that comes from, and I use it myself with some frequency. It's all about context.

Slider... you stink.

Thanks for the neg rep over your own assumptions, though.

Well, I tried.

I feel bad now. .

I like the NFL, but tend to be disinterested in any game that doesn't involve the 49ers. For example, I didn't watch NO v. Minn.

I love college football. The quality of play in the NFL is higher, but that's what makes college ball more interesting to me. It's like anything could happen.

Crap, you're a fellow 49'er fan. How can I continue hating on you if you like the 9'ers?
I've been an SF fan since the 80's. Right now, I'm just looking at A. Smith like I did Deion. If he helps the team win, then I'll grudgingly cheer for him to have a good game. But I really think your man is absolutely the weakest link. But Carr ain't the solution, either. So hopefully Mr. Smith proves to be at least serviceable this season.

Crap, you're a fellow 49'er fan. How can I continue hating on you if you like the 9'ers?
I've been an SF fan since the 80's. Right now, I'm just looking at A. Smith like I did Deion. If he helps the team win, then I'll grudgingly cheer for him to have a good game. But I really think your man is absolutely the weakest link. But Carr ain't the solution, either. So hopefully Mr. Smith proves to be at least serviceable this season.

Right or wrong, I wanna believe he has underperformed because he has had almost nothing to work with. I know a number one pick should be able to lift his entire team, but that squad has just been wretched. I think this will be the defining season for me. If he still can't get the job done, I will finally write him off (with visions of Trout cackling evilly.)

in person, I would much, much, much rather go see a college game

on TV, it's a toss-up, dependent in part on my feelings towards which particular set of announcers is calling the game

College Football>NFL, especially if you are a ute or boise fan, you know u must be flawless to make BCS and each game is as equally as important.

I just got bored out of my mind watching the NFL today

I'm furious the Bears won. I'm in a survivor pool where the winner will get almost 30K. Out of about 1,450 people, about 125 went out but it would have been over 300 if the Lions hadn't gotten screwed.