What's new

Collin Sexton SZN

This. There were one or two late. And once or twice I saw a jazz player get similar contact with no whistle. If you have to guess pocket yer damn whistle!!!
I think they always have to guess a little. That's why you see late whistles when the guy fakes a stumble or the shots miss... I'm just saying guess better. Or make the rules such that fakers get less benefit of the doubt than guys truly just trying to score.

I was certain that Lauri will be clearly the best player in current roster, when entering their primes. Now it seems, in few seasons, we might have TWO all nba candidates, and Sexton might be considered the best one. Exciting times

I think they always have to guess a little. That's why you see late whistles when the guy fakes a stumble or the shots miss... I'm just saying guess better. Or make the rules such that fakers get less benefit of the doubt than guys truly just trying to score.
I think they tried too for example a jump shot where it’s not a normal movement like jumping to the side to force contact. But it’s not always enforced.

I think they tried too for example a jump shot where it’s not a normal movement like jumping to the side to force contact. But it’s not always enforced.
And that’s annoying for sure but less egregious then just swinging arms and flailing.

It's been tried. It hasn't been pretty.

The fact that Sexton has somewhat improved his passing doesn't make him someone capable of running a team. He still has too much of a tendency to drive into the trees when it's not needed.
That is definitely not true. He hasn't had a shot this year and last year when he was plugged in at pg he played great. Unfortunately it was short lived because either Conley came back or the last time his hamstring flared up.

It's been tried. It hasn't been pretty.

The fact that Sexton has somewhat improved his passing doesn't make him someone capable of running a team. He still has too much of a tendency to drive into the trees when it's not needed.
I think this is a lot more viable for Sexton as he continues to grow and develop and gain more experience--maybe 1-2 seasons from now.

Yep. Even if they don't have the ball. Still counts.
I mean, it’s the body part that most looks like a ball. If you don’t want your head used as a ball without the call, don’t be the wrong person or on the wrong team when you’re going to the hoop.

I feel like the Rockets game underlined my theory that Collin does _not_ need more minutes. He played a good game, but down the line his decision making was way worse. I think that was mainly fatigue.

I feel like the Rockets game underlined my theory that Collin does _not_ need more minutes. He played a good game, but down the line his decision making was way worse. I think that was mainly fatigue.
It's a good reminder the flow part of the offense is the whole team, not any singular player. It's just harder to do that flow with Walker playing major minutes