What's new

Collin Sexton SZN

Any player besides Sexton averaging over 10 assists per game for the jazz would cause posters to jump for joy about their court vision, selflessness and ability to run the offense.
Sexton assists dont count though.
Brother have you watched the last few games? No one is saying they don't count.

No one here has ever cared about Sextons assist. It's about decision making.

Yep, the stretch lately needs eye test. Lot of these assists have become from Collins "bailing out" him. As someone pointed out, he has become really good on sniffing when Collins drives himself into a pickle, and runs for rescue. Either getting short pass in the paint or picking the board and finishing.

Sexton is a decent play maker, but still work in progress. He wants to be better, JC again, mostly just doesn't. Even that he can.
He has had some questionable decisions lately but driving and hitting Collins for layups/dunks are not one of them.

He has had some questionable decisions lately but driving and hitting Collins for layups/dunks are not one of them.
Ya and literally every player has questionable decisions.
Haliburton and SGA have questionable decisions too.
If you are producing lots of points for yourself and for your teammates then you are making great decisions way more often though. Which is a good thing.

Last night sextons questionable decisions led him to 22 efficienct points, with 7 assists, and 2 turnovers in his 27 minutes. I will take that every game please.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Ya and literally every player has questionable decisions.
Haliburton and SGA have questionable decisions too.
If you are producing lots of points for yourself and for your teammates then you are making great decisions way more often though. Which is a good thing.

Last night sextons questionable decisions led him to 22 efficienct points, with 7 assists, and 2 turnovers in his 27 minutes. I will take that every game please.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
Yeah, he was our best player last night. Really he’s only had one bad game recently and that was against Brooklyn.

I agree with all of you. He is our most consistent scorer for last month, and doesn't turn the ball over per se. Its the bad shots in the paint at times, the same that JC seems to do more consistently. Those kind of shots do not count as turnovers, but as those are short shots in the middle part of the court, it leads for fast break offense our defense can't stop at all. Bad shot selection in the paint is more dangerous than bad three.

The critique I am giving is warranted imo, as well some critique I have been giving on Lauri in the past. Both are efficient players I want to keep and be excited about

I mean, Sexton has overall great lately, no one is saying he has been awful.

But the better he gets the more responsibility he is going to have and he is going to be more responsible for how the offense is or isn't flowing and that isn't necessarily always going to correlate with his individual stats.

If you want the Sexton primary guy thing to work you need to get him a better backcourt mate than Kris Dunn.

I mean, Sexton has overall great lately, no one is saying he has been awful.

But the better he gets the more responsibility he is going to have and he is going to be more responsible for how the offense is or isn't flowing and that isn't necessarily always going to correlate with his individual stats.

If you want the Sexton primary guy thing to work you need to get him a better backcourt mate than Kris Dunn.
The last two games I think he’s struggled with lengthy defenders guarding him more than anything.

Sexton makes a decision about what he is going to do before he does it. His assists usually come when he gets trapped and looks for a bail out. He doesn't move the ball unless he thinks it will be an assist. It's hard to build with him let alone around him. Sell high on him before he is in the playoffs. He is a 6th man who doesn't want to be that.

Sexton makes a decision about what he is going to do before he does it. His assists usually come when he gets trapped and looks for a bail out. He doesn't move the ball unless he thinks it will be an assist. It's hard to build with him let alone around him. Sell high on him before he is in the playoffs. He is a 6th man who doesn't want to be that.
Id like to see him drive to create more often. Like you said, it seems to be the last resort on most of his drives. He's good enough now that he has to realize his drives draw a lot of attention and how he can play off that to make his teammates better.

Sexton’s #1 hater doing nasty work.

Tbh... I dont know why anyone would call out Sexton when they also watch Clarkson.

Last 5 games totals for our guards:

1706732154386.png

Sidenote:
WTF is that FTR by Keyonte? 28 FTA on 42 FGA is BONKERS. Also its so funny that he actually has less TO than any other guard, but people cry about his TOs in every game thread. His defense has been horrible tbh, but at least there are some bright spots to his play. I dont know if JC even has a dimly lit spot.

Other sidenote:
LMAO at Dunn having more fantasy points than JC with those minute and shot totals.

Ainge will get a first for Clarkson. Might get a first for Olynyk. Would definitely get a first for Sexton.

Tbh... I dont know why anyone would call out Sexton when they also watch Clarkson.
JC is gonna JC. I don't anyone is expecting him to be anything else, or hope from something different. Sexton has shown he can change even if it's not a finished product yet (and may not ever be).

JC is gonna JC. I don't anyone is expecting him to be anything else, or hope from something different. Sexton has shown he can change even if it's not a finished product yet (and may not ever be).
Mr triple double?

I have never been in the Sexton camp but I have acknowledged how great he has been playing. I am to the point of saying he could be a good fit with one main caveat - he either has to have a running mate who can run the offense or he has to prove he can do so. I think why he is able to do what he does now is because of Dunn and KO orchestrating the offense. I would love it if he could be that guy because I love his unending energy but I am still not seeing it. Maybe I am missing something.

Last 5 games totals for our guards:

View attachment 15918

Sidenote:
WTF is that FTR by Keyonte? 28 FTA on 42 FGA is BONKERS. Also its so funny that he actually has less TO than any other guard, but people cry about his TOs in every game thread. His defense has been horrible tbh, but at least there are some bright spots to his play. I dont know if JC even has a dimly lit spot.

Other sidenote:
LMAO at Dunn having more fantasy points than JC with those minute and shot totals.
Clarkson is just as bad or worse. But he at least accepts the 6th man role. When he is kept in that role he's okay. You also can't have 2 guys like that.