What's new

Combine Athletic Test Results

Jimmer near the top in lane agility. Hmmm...maybe that white boy has better moves than we give him credit for.

Jimmer definitely helped his case with much better quickness against the competition.

Brooks also improved his stock... He has always been a smooth type and doesn't seem to be playing above the rim but a 38.5 max vertical is impressive.

Jamie Skeen(memba him from VCU's tourney run?), probably not the results he wanted. ouch.

Biggest suprise to me was Shelvin Mack's 39" vertical. Perhaps because he would always appear to be playing under-control that I didn't notice he had some explosiveness, but that's impressive for him.

And don't forget Kevin Durant had zero bench press reps as well. Interesting for bigs, but for wings there are more important factors than benching 185 lbs.

Biggest suprise to me was Shelvin Mack's 39" vertical. Perhaps because he would always appear to be playing under-control that I didn't notice he had some explosiveness, but that's impressive for him.

Hey! Let's draft Mack at #3. Reunite him with Hayward.
Nobody's suggested him at #3 yet.

Although Jimmer had a good agility time, when I watched him run it, he ran it awkwardly almost like it shouldn't count. His side peddle and back peddle were ugly.

These measurements might be the least important piece of the puzzle, IMO. These are conducted in a vacuum environment where some shine that don't when they play (Luke Babbitt, anyone?), or gamers might not (Blake Griffin's numbers are shockingly poor).

EDIT: That doesn't mean they aren't interesting and that I won't be looking at them for a long time.

Jimmer also had smallest hand size at combine.
If true he has smaller hands than me and I'm three inches shorter.
Small hands can't help an NBA player.
Could be very big disadvantage.