What's new

Comparable rookie years to Keyonte's. (I thought I had linked just the PER 36 min section of each player) Just look at the rookie year Per 36 min

Everyone knows it's impossible to take picks/prospects from one trade and flip those in another trade.
Everyone knows it takes time and we have several piles of picks we have yet turn into players.

Look... i get that you've wanted to trade Sexton since he got here. You've started almost as many nonsense threads about it as you have about THT. But you've thought his value would crater for 2 years. Advocated sending a 2027 first with Sexton for Brogdon. Keep playing the hits if you want but its a real boy who cried wolf situation at this point. "His value has peaked" several times according to you.

Everyone knows it takes time and we have several piles of picks we have yet turn into players.

Look... i get that you've wanted to trade Sexton since he got here. You've started almost as many nonsense threads about it as you have about THT. But you've thought his value would crater for 2 years. Advocated sending a 2027 first with Sexton for Brogdon. Keep playing the hits if you want but its a real boy who cried wolf situation at this point. "His value has peaked" several times according to you.
Well at some point I'm probably going to be right. Props to Sexton for proving me extremely wrong up to this point. If he does it again, great. I get that you are trying to argue that I'm just hating, but it's far from hating. I really like watching him play now. The facts are just the facts and unless he's truly special (like top 30 player) those aren't changing.

I don't believe in Key-Sexton long term, but I don't think it's something we have to act on immediately. I just don't think two ill fitting (on defense) guards is an issue for a team that has not made the playoffs yet.

I actually agree that it would be hard to find a good trading partner for Sexton right now. I'm sure there are a few that we could come up with if we really looked hard into it. If you're one of those people advocating for a trade to happen now, you should probably be the one looking into those potential destinations and considering the possibilities otherwise there is no point to what you're saying. Maybe if you looked into it you would find many trades that would be worth it, I'm open to changing my mind. But you're not going to change anyone's mind by saying "trade him" while also refusing to discuss what the incentive would be for trading him.

I don't believe in Key-Sexton long term, but I don't think it's something we have to act on immediately. I just don't think two ill fitting (on defense) guards is an issue for a team that has not made the playoffs yet.

I actually agree that it would be hard to find a good trading partner for Sexton right now. I'm sure there are a few that we could come up with if we really looked hard into it. If you're one of those people advocating for a trade to happen now, you should probably be the one looking into those potential destinations and considering the possibilities otherwise there is no point to what you're saying. Maybe if you looked into it you would find many trades that would be worth it, I'm open to changing my mind. But you're not going to change anyone's mind by saying "trade him" while also refusing to discuss what the incentive would be for trading him.
Look when the other attempts have aged so poorly I get why Cy would be hesitant to throw out another trade.

Well at some point I'm probably going to be right. Props to Sexton for proving me extremely wrong up to this point. If he does it again, great. I get that you are trying to argue that I'm just hating, but it's far from hating. I really like watching him play now. The facts are just the facts and unless he's truly special (like top 30 player) those aren't changing.
The old broken clock.

Why would I propose trades when trades can't even happen currently? I'll wait until the lottery order gets set, the playoffs happen, and what rumors are out there regarding player movement and team interest.

I think Sexton is potentially a very good starting PG who any team that needs a PG would be interested in. There's plenty of teams like that in the NBA.

I swear at some point people were arguing with me that the Hawks would take an assets based package for Murray because they could flip those assets for better players. And granted this was discussing a mid season trade where this stuff has to happen in a much tighter window.

So it's really funny to see those people switch up when it has to fit the argument they want to take.

Why would I propose trades when trades can't even happen currently? I'll wait until the lottery order gets set, the playoffs happen, and what rumors are out there regarding player movement and team interest.

I think Sexton is potentially a very good starting PG who any team that needs a PG would be interested in. There's plenty of teams like that in the NBA.

We talk about potential future trades all the time. Are you kidding? lol.

If there are plenty of teams in the market for Sexton, I don't see the problem with listing them. It seems natural that if you're going to talk about trading a player, you would also talk about where he might land and what for. Like I said, I'm open to trading him....but I do see why it could be a tougher trade market. Sexton is in a unique situation where he's playing amazing but the FO/coaching staff spent a large portion of the season trying to bury him. Fair or not, Sexton is still going to have to prove himself for everyone to be convinced.

I swear at some point people were arguing with me that the Hawks would take an assets based package for Murray because they could flip those assets for better players. And granted this was discussing a mid season trade where this stuff has to happen in a much tighter window.

So it's really funny to see those people switch up when it has to fit the argument they want to take.

Who said we can't trade him for assets and flip? The question is what amount of assets and from who.

Like if you were to tell me BKN would be interested and CJohnson-Sexton would be the base of that trade....I think that's a starting point. It's really not that hard to ponder over potential trades. That's like half of what we do here.

We talk about potential future trades all the time. Are you kidding? lol.

If there are plenty of teams in the market for Sexton, I don't see the problem with listing them. It seems natural that if you're going to talk about trading a player, you would also talk about where he might land and what for. Like I said, I'm open to trading him....but I do see why it could be a tougher trade market. Sexton is in a unique situation where he's playing amazing but the FO/coaching staff spent a large portion of the season trying to bury him. Fair or not, Sexton is still going to have to prove himself for everyone to be convinced.

Who said we can't trade him for assets and flip? The question is what amount of assets and from who.
Side question is what does that open up for us? Like having one more future pick really worth moving a guy right now when we have infinity picks with which to acquire talent. I'm not sure who Cy is shadow boxing with on the Atlanta thing but yeah... they have a pick deficit and could have tanked the season away by selling off Murray... so adding some picks might help them do something. If we cash out Sexton for picks like does that change anything we could or couldn't do? If its a value play then fine... but we will be worse and I'm not sure it would generate confidence from Lauri.

And like the Nets deal you threw out is a fine base but who would be adding to that... them or us? I think Sexton is a better player but positional need/scarcity goes to Johnson. For those that want to move Sexton I'm curious how far they will go right now.

And it generally will take a cycle or two to "flip" stuff. So if you trade Sexton for picks maybe at the deadline you move those assets. We have some time. I just think moving Sexton is a bigger step back than we'd like to take... there is no big hurry... and the return might be mid compared to what he is actually doing. If we wait a year too long to move him and he takes a back seat cuz Key levels up... like what is the trade loss there... a full first... a half a first... some seconds. I would likely pay that "price" since we have a lot of those assets and there are so many things that can happen that even if Sexton is a little redundant its okay. The price of that security is likely worth it.

Now if we decide this **** ain't working and move Lauri... by all means trade Sexton too. It would just be weird to move Sexton, the guy that is most aligned with Lauri's timeline, for future assets and claim we are still building something around Lauri.

Sexton being so good that trading him would ruin the team from building a contender in the next 3 years and him not being good enough to get a good return in a trade is going to be the funniest recurring bit from HH

Like if you were to tell me BKN would be interested and CJohnson-Sexton would be the base of that trade....I think that's a starting point. It's really not that hard to ponder over potential trades. That's like half of what we do here.
I think there are likely 5-6 teams that could have enough interest to pay what I would hope we are seeking. I think a few more would be cool adding him as a bench piece that would make what i would consider lowball offers. Brooklyn, San Antonio, Miami, Charlotte, Orlando, maybe the clips if Harden is too pricey.

Sexton being so good that trading him would ruin the team from building a contender in the next 3 years and him not being good enough to get a good return in a trade is going to be the funniest recurring bit from HH
Would not ruin the team from building a contender the next few years... would be a clear step back from building "something" around Lauri the next couple years though.

And the guy is too cowardly to throw some trades together so we can see the "value" we are passing up by not moving him.

I think there are likely 5-6 teams that could have enough interest to pay what I would hope we are seeking. I think a few more would be cool adding him as a bench piece that would make what i would consider lowball offers. Brooklyn, San Antonio, Miami, Charlotte, Orlando, maybe the clips if Harden is too pricey.

I quickly scanned the standings, and I found 5 teams that might have interest (if you squint) and potentially have the means. I had couple different teams, but basically the same as you. Not all of those teams would actually make a play for him, however, so it is a tight market. I am certainly not against trading Sexton (or anyone else really) for a good deal, but I don't think I'm in a rush to trade him bc of Keyonte. If there's something there, great....but I'm skeptical. Again, anyone out there is free to make me less skeptical but the only way to do that is to show that there are more scenarios lol.

I think DJ was held in much higher regard the first time he was traded than Sexton is right now, and that was 3 firsts. DJ hasn't even played that bad, is extended, and his value seems to be halved....so 3 firsts can be seen as regrettable for a player who likely had more value than Sexton does now. Two firsts seems about right for Sexton until he does what he's been doing for a full season. Is that worth it? I don't think it is tbh. What if we hold onto him longer, get 2-3 years out of him, and then only get one pick if we trade him later on....Is that even bad?

Speaking of DJ right at this moment, how many NBA teams prefer Sexton to DJ? That's an interesting question for me and what it means for Sexton's potential trade value.

I quickly scanned the standings, and I found 5 teams that might have interest (if you squint) and potentially have the means. I had couple different teams, but basically the same as you. Not all of those teams would actually make a play for him, however, so it is a tight market. I am certainly not against trading Sexton (or anyone else really) for a good deal, but I don't think I'm in a rush to trade him bc of Keyonte. If there's something there, great....but I'm skeptical. Again, anyone out there is free to make me less skeptical but the only way to do that is to show that there are more scenarios lol.

I think DJ was held in much higher regard the first time he was traded than Sexton is right now, and that was 3 firsts. DJ hasn't even played that bad, is extended, and his value seems to be halved....so 3 firsts can be seen as regrettable for a player who likely had more value than Sexton does now. Two firsts seems about right for Sexton until he does what he's been doing for a full season. Is that worth it? I don't think it is tbh. What if we hold onto him longer, get 2-3 years out of him, and then only get one pick if we trade him later on....Is that even bad?

Speaking of DJ right at this moment, how many NBA teams prefer Sexton to DJ? That's an interesting question for me and what it means for Sexton's potential trade value.
Pretty much agree. I think the only real scenario I could see us moving Collin is if there is a team like say SA with the #7 pick from toronto and there are two prospects we like and want to get at 7 and 9. If there isn't anyone they love and they want to start to be better next year Collin could help. If its just for a future first a few years out I'm not sure we are doing that.

Either way you are moving a guy near his prime for something that will provide no current on court value or almost surely be negative. Does that put us in the race for Flagg and what does that say to Lauri (who we are trying to extend). He may take the money cuz its a lot, but that doesn't mean he has to be a good soldier.

Why would I propose trades when trades can't even happen currently?
I could be way off on this, and maybe this is totally irrelevant, but perhaps it's because you stated he should be traded. I could be wrong. Or saying this today:

Yeah, incredibly strange to think about roster moves on a fan forum. Really wild stuff I'm doing.

I could be crazy, though.

I could be way off on this, and maybe this is totally irrelevant, but perhaps it's because you stated he should be traded. I could be wrong. Or saying this today:

I could be crazy, though.
He can't put the real reason. Its cuz he's scared.