What's new

Computer help

bigb

Free at last!!!
Contributor
I've mentioned several times on here that I am not exactly technologically proficient. In fact, I call myself computer retarded. So I just bought a new Acer convertible laptop/tablet and I transferred my business stuff to it. The problem I'm encountering is that some of the files are .docx and Windows 10 doesn't read them, at least to my limited knowledge. How can I convert them to something that not only reads those, but is able to edit them as well?

On another note, who here is able/willing to create some "paperwork" for me? I'm talking about things like invoices, worksheets, change order forms, letterhead, etc? I have a copy of some of it that I would like to replicate, but with some updated info and my logo. Obviously, I would be willing to pay for the efforts.

Thanks dudes and dude-ettes.

I've mentioned several times on here that I am not exactly technologically proficient. In fact, I call myself computer retarded. So I just bought a new Acer convertible laptop/tablet and I transferred my business stuff to it. The problem I'm encountering is that some of the files are .docx and Windows 10 doesn't read them, at least to my limited knowledge. How can I convert them to something that not only reads those, but is able to edit them as well?

On another note, who here is able/willing to create some "paperwork" for me? I'm talking about things like invoices, worksheets, change order forms, letterhead, etc? I have a copy of some of it that I would like to replicate, but with some updated info and my logo. Obviously, I would be willing to pay for the efforts.

I could help with the second part for sure, I'm an office nerd.

Sent from my VS990 using JazzFanz mobile app

openoffice is a cheap and free way to go that I used when I did this kind thing. https://www.openoffice.org/download/
You're probably better with just using googledocs nowadays.(should edit .docx just fine) Google is nice cause everything is saved online and therefore accessible from any device. https://gsuite.google.com/

When you send invoices and stuff do it in .pdf.

Save as .doc, chose yes to replace characters. Nothing will go wrong I do this all the time.

openoffice is a cheap and free way to go that I used when I did this kind thing. https://www.openoffice.org/download/
You're probably better with just using googledocs nowadays.(should edit .docx just fine) Google is nice cause everything is saved online and therefore accessible from any device. https://gsuite.google.com/

When you send invoices and stuff do it in .pdf.

I do send and save stuff in .pdf. But this program was made in .docx and I don't know how to change it to an editable file in another format. Maybe that is the way to go?

This should tell you all how retarded I am with computers. I just realized it's not a .docx file. It's a .wps file.

Recommendation: Microsoft Office 365.

Since you like Microsoft OS's and products it seems, Office 365 is around $8 a month (less than Netflix) and gives you not only full access to the latest and updated Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneNote, etc.) but also gives you a 1TB cloud OneDrive. That cloud drive would be handy for storing documents from your original computer, and then when you install OneDrive on the other computer, the files are automatically synced over to the new computer.

Just a suggestion to look into.