What's new

Conley hamstringing again

@infection does Hardens first half make it more or less likely Conley is cleared... on one hand he hasn’t aggravated it... on the other hand he is not doing well.

Conley is the only one that can make Rudy an important offensive player under playoff intensity/tactics. Donovan isn't good at getting him the ball. Ingles is largely ineffective at getting him the ball where Rudy can make a positive play with it. In fact, I'd guess Rudy/Ingles combo has more turnovers than other outcomes. If Rudy isn't utilized on offense it makes everything harder for everyone. He sometimes gives less effort on the other end as well when he never gets the ball or turns it over every time. Conleys importance cannot be overstated. I still think Utah can win the series without Conley because homecourt advantage is real; Jazz play better, get more calls when molested, Clippers players less effective.

The reason players can't get Rudy the ball has more to do with Rudy than the players trying to get him the ball. He just can't handle passes unless they are above his waist. This is something he needs to work on the in the off-season, and it's well overdue.

The reason players can't get Rudy the ball has more to do with Rudy than the players trying to get him the ball. He just can't handle passes unless they are above his waist. This is something he needs to work on the in the off-season, and it's well overdue.
I agree. And it's even harder vs this Clippers team. If Conley was healthy, they would put Kawhi and PG on Conley and Don blocking their visibility and passing ability.

Batum on Rudy
Morris on Bojan
Committee on Royce, Joe, Clarkson

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Correct! Utah currently has one player in the starting lineup that can put pressure on a defense and make them react whether he's going downhill or on the perimeter, and he's gimpy. Additionally, there is only one player off the bench capable of attacking and he's inefficient with dedicated tunnel vision. Zones work against Utah with quick/large defenders because only Don can attack it, and he needs to be better setting Rudy up to give the shooters space. Conley having a dual handed floater game and the ability to consistently throw lobs changes Rudy from an ineffectual tree to an important asset to the offense. Rudy should never have 0 attempts in a half that he plays over half of.

I haven’t been watching. I’m hoping Jazz brass haven’t been, either.
He’s helping a little he’s running the team for them and getting them in their sets... Milwaukee plays so dumb though... Bud needs the boot. Clips would exploit the eff outta Harden on defense.

He’s helping a little he’s running the team for them and getting them in their sets... Milwaukee plays so dumb though... Bud needs the boot. Clips would exploit the eff outta Harden on defense.

Harden is on pace for like 46 minutes and Durant has not sat a single second.

Harden played 46 minutes tonight. Conley better be ready to go and he better be cleared tomorrow.

That’s because Nash is a total rookie coach and doesn’t understand the importance of starting the offseason with fresh legs.
KD coming off Achilles surgery plays 48 minutes... creates everything... I’m sure he’d rather have sat 8 minutes and lost by 10 doe.

Nash dog walking Quins dad... pretty funny honestly.

Also bucks offense is atrocious. You have shamet and harden on the floor and can’t generate anything other than ****** iso jumpers.

KD coming off Achilles surgery plays 48 minutes... creates everything... I’m sure he’d rather have sat 8 minutes and lost by 10 doe.

Nash dog walking Quins dad... pretty funny honestly.

Also bucks offense is atrocious. You have shamet and harden on the floor and can’t generate anything other than ****** iso jumpers.
I don’t understand how Giannis had Harden on a post up and ended with a baseline fade away jumper.

Harden played 46 minutes tonight. Conley better be ready to go and he better be cleared tomorrow.
He wasn’t very good... if Conley is that limited I don’t think he’s helpful... he’s much smaller than Harden.

I don’t understand how Giannis had Harden on a post up and ended with a baseline fade away jumper.
Harden is actually a good post defender. Giannis has honestly kinda regressed... the mid range shots are so trashy. If they want to run post they should do it with Brook... he used to be pretty good there.

I think bud is an okay coach but he’s very much a robot... makes me nervous for Quin.

Conley at 20% or Oni and Niang at 100%?
Oni or Niang... 50% is the threshold... can be effective as a decoy... I think the clips would hunt him... bucks didn’t really go for that approach.

Harden is actually a good post defender. Giannis has honestly kinda regressed... the mid range shots are so trashy. If they want to run post they should do it with Brook... he used to be pretty good there.

I think bud is an okay coach but he’s very much a robot... makes me nervous for Quin.
Agree on all this. Harden has very quick hands and gets steals and deflections in the paint frequently. Quin is a robot and I think it has cost us in the playoffs, and not just this year. Structure is good, but Quin over does it; ebbs and flows should dictate sometimes.

Even if all he did was come off the bench and take Niang's 13 minutes it would make a huge difference.

Last edited: