What's new

Conley Load Management Gap

mdalby

How do we solve the issues that we appear to have when Mike is not on the active roster for games? Our offense just isn't clicking when we don't have Mike's stability out there in games.

- Ingles has had a lot of unforced TOs. Seems better coming off the bench.
- Butler has a good handle but is still hasn't made the adjustment to the NBA yet. Shot is just not there yet.
- Forrest seems to be the best option right now for overall contribution but the upside seems limited.

Why can't Conley play limited minutes for every game
Play enough to insure a win and then sit
Don't start some games
Only come in when they really need him
Maybe that won't work?

Last edited:
Hasn't been a problem the last two years, don't think it's a problem suddenly because of two games...but we still need to make a choice on how to handle it at the end of the day.

I don't think Forrest is the answer. He kills the offense and I'm not hopeful he will ever not kill the offense. First choice should be Butler. He needs to learn how to play with good teammates and the only way to do that is to get reps. The talent is obviously there for him to succeed. If we're hell bent on winning at all costs right now, Oni is a better option. He proved it last year. Whenever he stepped in nothing happened, which is sort of just what you need when playing with better players. Shooting issues might get compounded with Paschall instead of Niang, but that only makes a stronger argument for Butler and a worse case for Forrest.

So far this season we've lost both games that Conley has missed but I'm not concerned at all. Our record the past two seasons has actually been really good when Conley doesn't play and the Don/Joe/Royce/Bogey/Rudy lineup has been one of our best lineups.

Jazz need to learn to play without Conley. I mean we really, really want to have him available, but we need to have a plan otherwise.

I'm probably the biggest pessimist around but I just don't see Conley staying healthy through a long playoff run, no matter how much they manage him in the regular season. I also seriously wonder if Don can stay healthy with how hard he pushes in the post season. i really hope both prove me wrong, but history isn't on their side. We need to explore other options (with the group of players they have) as has been mentioned for a couple of years now.

I'm probably the biggest pessimist around but I just don't see Conley staying healthy through a long playoff run, no matter how much they manage him in the regular season. I also seriously wonder if Don can stay healthy with how hard he pushes in the post season. i really hope both prove me wrong, but history isn't on their side. We need to explore other options (with the group of players they have) as has been mentioned for a couple of years now.
All the more reasons to play Butler. It's not like we're winning without him.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app