What's new

Conley Officially a Jazzman

Look it up, and get back to me.
Well, he only missed one game this year and we lost, but that was the last game and nobody was playing, so I wouldn't count this year. I think the Houston game and the Milwaukee game stick out in people's minds.

Last year, we were 40-16 with him and 11-15 without him (0.714 vs. 0.423).
He played every game the year before that.
In 2015-2016 we were 31-31 with him 7-13 without him (0.500 vs. 0.350).

This idea that we need Gobert insurance is somewhat overblown. If he goes down with an injury, we're ****ed whether we have a "good" replacement option or not.

tl;dr We need to be looking at raising our ceiling rather than raising our floor.

Udoh was a nice backup in those sort of regards, but Favors could actually score. It would be hard replace. I've come to see more of this side of the argument. I just wish Faves could naildown that corner 3.

It's a weakness. But his pick-n-roll prowess with Ingles (and potentially Conley) mitigates some of that weakness. The game has changed, but it continues to reward players that can pick/slash/attack the rim. Favors' still brings that.

I wasn't comparing him to Gobert dumbass. Read better

Right, you were comparing him to Love, when Gobert is better than Love on the perimeter, and Favors is better than Gobert.

Thanks for the advice on reading.

Right, you were comparing him to Love, when Gobert is better than Love on the perimeter, and Favors is better than Gobert.

Thanks for the advice on reading.
Gobert is NOT better than love on the perimeter LOL. That's just being a complete homer

The way I view the Favors as Gobert insurance is kind of like how I would view a job that gives you a short-term disability benefit of 20% of your salary. You'd be afraid to go out and find another job that pays you 35% more but doesn't have a disability policy because "you may need that disability policy." If you need that policy, you're screwed regardless, because 20% ain't paying your bills. You may as well go out and earn more money rather than staying put "just in case" you need short term disability.

So here is something I discovered... we are a little bit short cap space wise of doing this trade if you assume that Neto and Favs both end up being guaranteed. It isn't a huge amount about $400-500k... so one of them is getting waived or we are sending out Tony Bradley or some other piece.

Maybe we aren't going to keep Favs... Maybe he is traded and we needed the appearance that we could keep Favs if we wanted... or maybe Neto is out.

The way I view the Favors as Gobert insurance is kind of like how I would view a job that gives you a short-term disability benefit of 20% of your salary. You'd be afraid to go out and find another job that pays you 35% more but doesn't have a disability policy because "you may need that disability policy." If you need that policy, you're screwed regardless, because 20% ain't paying your bills. You may as well go out and earn more money rather than staying put "just in case" you need short term disability.

Normally I'm with you, but it's more like we have a good disability policy... like it covers 80% of your salary, but the premium is like 50% of your current salary. So you may end up injured and grateful you have it but more likely you have it sit there and drain your current bank account.

That's the dumbest thing I have ever seen.
All my favorite players in the NBA are POC

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
This type of **** always comes from the whitest looking mother****ers. Like they are embarrassed by their whiteness or something and lash out at people or communities they perceive as "whiter" than them. Or how it looks to me anyway.

Normally I'm with you, but it's more like we have a good disability policy... like it covers 80% of your salary, but the premium is like 50% of your current salary. So you may end up injured and grateful you have it but more likely you have it sit there and drain your current bank account.
See my post above about our record without Rudy.

So here is something I discovered... we are a little bit short cap space wise of doing this trade if you assume that Neto and Favs both end up being guaranteed. It isn't a huge amount about $400-500k... so one of them is getting waived or we are sending out Tony Bradley or some other piece.

Maybe we aren't going to keep Favs... Maybe he is traded and we needed the appearance that we could keep Favs if we wanted... or maybe Neto is out.
Trading Exum and Favors for Love shaves a couple million off the books.