What's new

Conley's wife says goodbye

My wife says they are out... seems pretty convinced too.

If he's leaving, I think it's because his family would rather live elsewhere. That is not meant as a shot at Utah or Salt Lake, but he even mentioned it in his exit interview - he's never had a chance to be a free agent, and where he ends up playing will be a family decision. I'm not really sure what that means, but I think his family would rather be elsewhere.

The good thing is that most popular places to play are kind of capped out financially. So for in order for him to get paid, we can work out a sign and trade. The Knicks might have interest, but I just don't see them spending top dollar on Conley. Lowry fits the Thibs mold much more than Conley.
I might be different than most but living in a big city with young kids seems awful. I live in the burbs and it’s amazing. We have a few super rich friends that live in the country club gated area and they all drop they kids off in our neighborhoods so they can run around to the parks and clubhouses and see all they friends. When I take my kids to San Francisco it’s fun but it’s so
Much work to get around and you are constantly making sure they are safe... IDK.

It’s a little weird they live in Ohio and wouldn’t like Utah but it’s not for everyone... definitely gotten better since I moved away but I’ve never wanted to move back. Guess I wouldn’t blame them. Dallas might be cool... SoCal is fun to vacation too but I wouldn’t want to live there. Miami would be dope for a single dude.

This might also be his wife wanting to get a bigger platform since she’s into fashion and stuff... so SoCal, Miami and Ny might be super appealing.

I won’t blame him for leaving... I do think it’s a cool spot for families for a few years... I do think we are his best shot at money and a title. NY and Dallas aren’t as close to a title at all... Miami maybe I guess by Herro might have been a fluke... he’s been rough and Jimmy is a guy that burns people out quick. I think it’s 50-60% chance he stays.

What I’m interested in knowing is that if he is leaving, is it because he wants to, or because he’s been told we’re not bringing him back? I mean, I guess it’s possible he’s been told “let us know where you want to go and we’ll figure out a sign and trade.”

Him not wanting to come back is really difficult to square with what he said to Tony Jones in February. Maybe Mike was exaggerating things, or maybe something changed in the meantime. But something isn’t adding up here. There is some variable we don’t have here.
DL said Mike needed to “vet his market”. I think it’s up in the air. We were riding high in Feb and the season ended on a tough low. Unlike Hayward who I think 100% new he was gone and where he was going... I think this is more an undecided type deal. I think we will have sign and trade opportunities... especially if it’s Dallas. They have a fair amount of cap space but would prefer to keep Hardaway and sign Mike or make two free agent additions. I’m sure you could get Richardson... I’d aim to get Kleber too because Josh has had a couple rough years in a row.

It's entirely possible that the Jazz are the ones who are tepid about bringing Mike back. They may not want to play roulette with his hamstring. He missed 27 games this season (including playoffs) and got hurt after every 10 games or so he played.

Alright, so I did what everyone else did and showed it to my wife. She said exactly what I did in that if she’s talking about remembering to take specific things, that that’s packing for a vacation, because otherwise you’re taking all your ****.

Alright, so I did what everyone else did and showed it to my wife. She said exactly what I did in that if she’s talking about remembering to take specific things, that that’s packing for a vacation, because otherwise you’re taking all your ****.

Taking all your stuff, clearing out, moving furniture and putting the house on the market. She'd be talking about taking her favorite couch back to Ohio instead of her favorite jewelry.

Taking all your stuff, clearing out, moving furniture and putting the house on the market. She'd be talking about taking her favorite couch back to Ohio instead of her favorite jewelry.
Okay, but the jewelry part is the sponsored part. She’s mentioning taking her jewelry in that post whether its a vacation or forever, because that’s what she’s getting paid to put in that post. I think you can just strike that sentence in trying to parse out meaning. Mrs. Conley and LLUME want everyone to know she has her fancy new jewelry in Ohio whether she is leaving forever or coming back, because it’s advertising.

The stuff about having a Utah bucket list of things to do and seeing people before they leave is the concerning part if you’re coming back in two months.

Okay, so now I am done interpreting players’ wives’ sponsored Instagram posts. I promise this time.

Okay, but the jewelry part is the sponsored part. She’s mentioning taking her jewelry in that post whether its a vacation or forever, because that’s what she’s getting paid to put in that post. I think you can just strike that sentence in trying to

The stuff about having a Utah bucket list of things to do and seeing people is the concerning part if you’re coming back in two months.

Okay, so now I am done interpreting players’ wives’ sponsored Instagram posts.
My guess is they have no idea.

My guess is they have no idea.
They have no idea if they are coming back? I think that’s the case. But I am sure they have a very good idea of their interest in coming back and in the Jazz’s interest in bringing him back.

Something had to change at least somewhat on one of those fronts, because it was all rainbows and unicorns in February and now it’s “I guess we’ll see” from everyone.

I pointed that out to my wife... she said “sorry babe... and walked away”. You can play that part of the post of as the ad... since she’s an influencer.

I just know that “the Sound of Silence” has been playing in my head since we lost and likely doesn’t stop until we have some good news.

I think the biggest variable in this equation will be what the rest of the market does to force a decision. I think the most likely scenario is that of his realistic options, staying here ends up being the best one. The "ideal" or "more ideal" isn't likely to present itself. I agree with the 50-60% chance that he's back but I'm probably a little higher on that. Maybe 60-65%.

I have bad news homie... your wife is a dude.

One thing doesn't exclude the other. They may be going for vacation now but don't plan to return here for longer afterwards. All that talk about "one more hike" and wanting to see all the people before going doesn't sound to me like something you do just before holiday.

I think the biggest variable in this equation will be what the rest of the market does to force a decision. I think the most likely scenario is that of his realistic options, staying here ends up being the best one. The "ideal" or "more ideal" isn't likely to present itself. I agree with the 50-60% chance that he's back but I'm probably a little higher on that. Maybe 60-65%.
I think this is probably true... I'm not sure he looks at the Dallas situation and thinks that is better for him. Luka likely needs to have a second creator but does Luka know that? I think that is part of the disconnect between him and Carlisle. There is also an age gap there. I would think they would go a tier down and try to get Payne instead. Then they can keep Hardaway too or split the cap with another guy.

NY I think is a wild card because they may just go like 2-3 years at 30M plus because they strike out... Its not wise for them but NY is not known for being wise. He's not picking basketball in that situation.

Miami... if Kyle stays in Toronto I think that one gets interesting. I just think they like to aim higher and would be a little hesitant to tie up the space for multiple years... but Riley also knows he can move contracts if someone wants to force their way there. Just not sure Jimmy, Mike, Bam, Duncan is like a better basketball situation.

I do think there could be some deal with Indiana... seeing they wanted Ben Simmons for Brogdon. I think Carlisle and Malcolm will butt heads. It sounds like maybe Malcolm has worn out his welcome a bit there (which is worrying).

Indiana is closer to Ohio (I think)... but its still a plane ride.

Draft night will be an indicator to me... if we work to clear Favs salary or do another financial move then it shows me they are looking to clear some space to make this feasible. Just such a dumbass short sighted move to sign him to that amount on a multiyear deal knowing the other financial commitments we could have out there. Some real galaxy brain **** there.

I do think there could be some deal with Indiana... seeing they wanted Ben Simmons for Brogdon. I think Carlisle and Malcolm will butt heads. It sounds like maybe Malcolm has worn out his welcome a bit there (which is worrying).

Indiana is closer to Ohio (I think)... but its still a plane ride.

Draft night will be an indicator to me... if we work to clear Favs salary or do another financial move then it shows me they are looking to clear some space to make this feasible. Just such a dumbass short sighted move to sign him to that amount on a multiyear deal knowing the other financial commitments we could have out there. Some real galaxy brain **** there.

A sign and trade for Brogdon would be absolutely amazing.

DL said Mike needed to “vet his market”. I think it’s up in the air. We were riding high in Feb and the season ended on a tough low. Unlike Hayward who I think 100% new he was gone and where he was going... I think this is more an undecided type deal. I think we will have sign and trade opportunities... especially if it’s Dallas. They have a fair amount of cap space but would prefer to keep Hardaway and sign Mike or make two free agent additions. I’m sure you could get Richardson... I’d aim to get Kleber too because Josh has had a couple rough years in a row.
I agree that it is up in the air. And definitely different than the Hayward thing where he knew he was gone. Reading more than that into what his wife said is a stretch. Hope if he leaves it is a sign and trade.