What's new

Coolest Courts/Fields

attachment.php

I liked one article I read that the court won't be that cool unless the Nets develop a winning tradition, like the Celtics in the old Boston Garden. I agree with that.

Basketball stadiums are the most boring thing, other than a select few college stadiums (namely, Vandy's).

I also love Rice Ecchoes stadium because I don't have to buy a ticket in advance, I can walk right in and pick a seat anywhere I want. They photoshop the rest, so it doesn't even matter, best seats in the house every game.

44 thousand... phssst... more like 44 hundred.

rice eccles stadium is one of the worst fetching places i've been to in my life! In 2010, i showed up to the stadium halfway through the first qtr, just like i do every byu home game. All of the parking spots by the stadium were already full! Some guy wanted me to pay $10 just to park my aerostar mini van 10 blocks from the stadium. "heck no pal! I know a scam when i see one" i said, as i parked my van in an empty handicapped spot across the street. I get to the gates and see they are searching bags. Holy fetch, is this tsa? Next thing i know they are confiscating all 8 of the pb&j sandwiches i made for me, my wife, and my kids. Sure, fleece the out of towners for everything we've got. My kids will starve before i pay $4 for a hot dog you can get for free every saturday at rc willeys. Next i start asking about ticket options. You know, groupon deals, bogo's, kids under 6 get in free, that sort of thing. Nothing. Not only do they have no deals for a family of 8, they have no tickets. Sold out. Talk about poor planning and terrible customer service. They tell me to try a ticket scalper. Yeah, sounds like a great way to end up in prison or in the er with a stab wound. At this point i've had enough. I get the kids back to the car and head straight for the one place i know wont let us down, the chuck a rama in provo city. Yeah, its splurging a little but the kids had had a rough day. Plus, we were able to save a few bucks by sneaking some of the kids through one of the side doors while the hostess wasn't looking, so the day actually turned out ok.

csb

I also love Rice Ecchoes stadium because I don't have to buy a ticket in advance, I can walk right in and pick a seat anywhere I want. They photoshop the rest, so it doesn't even matter, best seats in the house every game.

44 thousand... phssst... more like 44 hundred.

Did Utah really not sell out any games last year? I find that a little hard to believe.

Did Utah really not sell out any games last year? I find that a little hard to believe.

Nah, every game has been sold out the last few years. Actually average more than a sell out with standing room only tickets.

Tickets are harder than ever to come by. Good luck getting a ticket for less than $50 to any game the rest of the year.