What's new

Corbin and Jefferson need to go.

JJ Rage

Corbin's rotations are maddening, and constantly going to a struggling Big Al down the stretch lost the Jazz the game. Kanter's defense and rebounding could've saved the game.

Big Al is a one-dimensional black hole. There's a reason Boston and Minny didn't want him. There's a reason the teams he plays for lose. Once he touches the ball, it's only leaving his hands once he hurls it at the rim. I don't care how many points he scores, his selfish play has lost this team too many games.

And Corbin... the guy refuses to play the hot hand, refuses to play matchups. The insistence on playing starters down the stretch no matter how they're playing is borderline retarded behavior. He's Sloan without the leadership and basketball I.Q. We'd be better off with Raja coaching the team.

Corbin's rotations are maddening, and constantly going to a struggling Big Al down the stretch lost the Jazz the game. Kanter's defense and rebounding could've saved the game.

Big Al is a one-dimensional black hole. There's a reason Boston and Minny didn't want him. There's a reason the teams he plays for lose. Once he touches the ball, it's only leaving his hands once he hurls it at the rim. I don't care how many points he scores, his selfish play has lost this team too many games.

And Corbin... the guy refuses to play the hot hand, refuses to play matchups. The insistence on playing starters down the stretch no matter how they're playing is borderline retarded behavior. He's Sloan without the leadership and basketball I.Q. We'd be better off with Raja coaching the team.

Well Boston traded him for Kevin Garnett... It's not like they gave him away for Kosta Koufas and a trade exemption like Minnesota did.

I thought Jefferson was a bad defender....until I saw Kevin Love. At least Al has length.
On topic, I'm holding my thoughts till the trade deadline.

Wow, I hope that this has been coming for a while and not just because of tonight's game.

I've long thought that Sloan's methods were outdated and did not fit the players of this era. I was not a fan of Corbin being named head coach, certainly not being given a long-term contract.

Utah Jazz basketball needs stop living in the past. Step out from the shadow of Stockton, Malone and Sloan and forge a new identity instead of trying to fit into the old, familiar mold.

I second the motion. AL has got to go. Maybe KOC can save Ty from himself. Trade away some of the vets and Ty will have to play the youngsters. On a positive note, Ty is doing a helluva job coaching the Jazz closer to a top-10 pick. The winner of the Phoenix-GS game will only be a game back of Utah and the Jazz could very well drop below Milwaukee and Cleveland in the coming weeks. YEAH TY!

Corbin is still a young coach - but he's getting pretty good at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Unfortunately - barring the team blatantly quitting on him - I sadly feel that the Millers will bring Ty back for atleast 1 more season.

I missed most of the game but I'm assuming the usual happened. The subs played well, built a lead, and then Ty put the starters back in (or most of them), who then let the lead evaporate and the Jazz lost down the stretch. Just a stab in the dark but I'm assuming from past experience that this is what happened.

I missed most of the game but I'm assuming the usual happened. The subs played well, built a lead, and then Ty put the starters back in (or most of them), who then let the lead evaporate and the Jazz lost down the stretch. Just a stab in the dark but I'm assuming from past experience that this is what happened.

And the Jazz couldn't rebound or guard the 3.

And the Jazz couldn't rebound or guard the 3.

Oh, how could I forget the other two great Jazz traditions? They have always been soft on rebounding. Earlier this year they were doing better, but they've gone back to their old ways. They've never guarded the 3, which may have made more sense 15 years ago, but not now. How many more years to we have to get burned by the 3-pt shot before they realize they need to defend it? Yes, it's not as high percentage for shots made, but it's also worth an extra point! It really hurts when they lose close games due to things like open 3's, rotations, and missed free throws. All things that should be easy to fix!

Thank you for this awesome thread. Couldn't have said it better myself. Chalk this one up as yet ANOTHER game lost by Tyrone Corbin and his mind-boggling substitution patterns. I specifically said to my wife with 8:00 minutes left in the game when Favors and Burks checked out "We're going to blow this lead and lose now." And what happened? Yes.. Minnesota goes on a 15+ point run and wins the game. My favorite sequence was the last 20 seconds. It's the Jazz in a nutshell. They inbound the ball to Jefferson... nobody moves or does anything... he forces up a contested shot and it goes in to tie the game. Then the Wolves get the ball back with 7 seconds... dish off to Ridnour and Jefferson fails to get up to him and he makes an uncontested floater in the lane for the win.

Here's some stats:

Jazz were outrebounded 48 to 41
Wolves made 11/22 three pointers to our 1 three pointer
Jefferson and Millsap played about 38 minutes each
Derrick Favors played 12 minutes and Enes Kanter played 8 minutes

Here's some stats:

Jazz were outrebounded 48 to 41
Wolves made 11/22 three pointers to our 1 three pointer
Jefferson and Millsap played about 38 minutes each
Derrick Favors played 12 minutes and Enes Kanter played 8 minutes

All the above = Al Jeffersucks fault.

That last 20 seconds was about all I saw of the game. But when they said they'd blown an 18-point lead I knew why. No it's not all Al's fault. Team effort (rebounding, 3-pointers) and coaching (rotation).

I don't get it. How many games do we have to lose this way before things change?

Tell you what though,
Corbin is getting us an amazing pick in the upcoming draft. I'm ready for the future.