What's new

Corbin as coach: What do we know?

bordelais7

Contributor
A lot of people, including posters on this board, seem excited and confident in the Jazz' new coach. I realized that I have no clue what to expect. What kind of coach will he be? What, if anything, do we actually know about his coaching style or tendencies? What color combo of suit/tie will we see? How is his chemistry with the current team?

Any ideas?

We know very little. Is he a hard ***? How does he feel about Sloan's offensive system?
During Summer League I felt like he was just running things the Sloan way. I wonder if he will do anything different now.

I guess we'll get some answers tonight.

We know very little. Is he a hard ***? How does he feel about Sloan's offensive system?
During Summer League I felt like he was just running things the Sloan way. I wonder if he will do anything different now.

I guess we'll get some answers tonight.

Practically speaking, wouldn't have made sense to run something other than the system that would be implemented during the season, so that's not much of an idicator as to what Corbin may or may not do.

I was very young when Corbin was still playing for the Jazz, but my Dad told me last night that what he remembered the most was that you knew Corbin was gonna lay it all out there every night he was on the floor.

So what changes do we want to see with Ty?

I would like to see some more running... Let AK do his thing. Shoot more 3's. Bell play 15-20 minutes. Millsap to the bench, Fez to start. Memo to retire. Stockton to the bench with Horney. Fire Layden. And last Win the Championship.

Things that I think will really happen...Ak traded for Tax Relief. Bell stil plays 25 minutes. Millsap still starting. Layden still has a job. And we lose in the 2nd round to the eventual champs :(

I found it interesting that Corbin and Layden were the ones responsible for all scouting of opposing teams, so at least we don't really have to worry about that.