What's new

Corbin's wierd player rotations

oldtimer

Coach Corbin is still working out his player rotations, but I hope he figures it out soon.

I have never liked Hayward and aside from one or two games he hasn't been particularly good at anything. His defense is much better than I thought (but that is not saying much given how bad I thought it would be) and his offense is worse than I thought it would be. With that said doesn't he have to play more than Price? Hayward still has a chance to get better. Is Price going to get better?

Fes has not played in two games. I agree with Deron's statement that Fes needs time on the Court. Fes is huge and he changes the way other teams play just because of his size. Yes he makes boneheaded plays, but he also makes a difference on the defensive end. Anybody who watched the Piston game, knows we need more defense and better rebounding. Please play fes 10 to 15 minutes a game.

Favors is very promising and when he is playing that well, give him some more burn please. Not bagging on Corbin, but I think he needs to adjust his player rotations a little.

Why did he not play Hayward at all tonight?

Favors needs as much PT as possible.
But you can't put him and Fes on court together I don't think.
That may be Corbins dilemma.

The problem is we have Elson and the veterans for the Jazz always play over the younger guys. Elson didn't play bad tonight but it would be nice to see what Fes and Evans can do with a couple minutes.

I'd like to see Price cut and have Hayward/AK play some point if forced too.

I can't imagine the big rotation if Okur comes back. Who then goes to the bench, Elson? If Favors is benched for Okur then I will stop being a Jazz fan

I think the lineup with Favors and Elson is pretty out there.

Otherwise, pretty solid. You can tell he is trying to see what he can get out of certain combinations.

...Corbin will not be the head coach next year. The Jazz will go out and get a big named coach with brains and experience.

...Corbin will not be the head coach next year. The Jazz will go out and get a big named coach with brains and experience.

We know...he won't be the head coach next year...because you've been telling us...they won't play...next year!!! He will be... the Jazz head coach in the next season...whenever that might be!!!

Playing Price over Hayward is retarded. Price is one of the worst player's in the league. Hayward is already much better than him.

Corbin is showcasing Price for a possible trade.
Oh wait...someone please tell him the deadline has already passed.

I'm actually for Corbin screwing around a bit with the lineups and trying some new things. I also don't mind the fact that, to keep continuity and also make sure he doesn't immediately alienate players, he also continues some of Sloan's old patterns.

Price, Miles, and Watson should not be on the court at the same time. Ever. Ever ever.

We know...he won't be the head coach next year...because you've been telling us...they won't play...next year!!! He will be... the Jazz head coach in the next season...whenever that might be!!!

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to YB85 again."

Curses.

Who gives a **** about Fes? If we are not going to win give Favors and Hayward as much playing time as possible, so we can win in the future. Fes>Elson, but it really doesn't matter; neither will be with our team next year. I don't know why Hayward didn't play tonight, but if it was because of Price I'm pissed.

Send Evans to the D-League, I think he has a much longer way to go until he can really contribute and it will do him good to just be able to play.

Playing Price over Hayward is retarded. Price is one of the worst player's in the league. Hayward is already much better than him.

out of 441 players that have played this season
price ranks 401 in terms of PER (5.9) (after a few years... 5.9 = why is he in the nba?)

toobigyo ranks 370 of 441 with a PER of 8.3
not great per but better than price.

i have not liked price for the last 3 years.

PER is always set so that average is 15

anyone on our team above 15 plays with above average efficiency

that said, we have 9 of our 14 players below the league average.

miles, okur, watson, harris, elson, bell, hayward, fesenko, and price are all below the league average PER mark.

the only players above average efficiency are AK, al, milly, favors (21.1 ), and evans(22.5) {wow the 2 rookies leading us in PER}.

PER is not a great stat because it doesnt take defensive features into account very well, but even in efficiency rating EFF ronnie price still ranks 391 of 441....

sorry for the rant... was bored and frustrated with price so i thought id delve into just how sucky he is.

From reading this board I thought all the issues w/Price playing over Hayward and Elson playing ahead of Fes and Jeremy Evans playing at all would be resolved when Sloan stepped down. Guess not.

Fesenko has no business being in the league and should never see one more minute of PT this year, after which he goes back to where he came from. Unbelievably the worst player ever and everyone here thinks he needs to play more. What a joke.

Mustang84

Fes isn't going to get you 20 points a game, but he is a game changer on the defensive end. I've seen it in almost every game he has played. I am not the only one. I know Deron is now public enemy number one but even he said Fes needs more time. I think I will trust my eyes and Deron's knowledge of the game over yours.

Yes because Deron's way was working so well for us. My comments weren't solely on his offensive game which is somewhat nonexistant. Yes, it's obvious that if you stick a big guy in the middle of the paint under the basket, players will have to change the way they approach. But he is terrible in just about everything that he does. If all you want him to do is stand there and be tall, and then foul out in 10 minutes because he doesn't have the coordination to block a shot then I guess he's doing a great job.