What's new

Could Alec Burks start at PG in this offense?

Who should start at PG next year?

• Start Alec Burks next year

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Continue to start Exum next year

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Get a proven veteran PG

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Twin Towers

I really don't like the idea of having Trey on the team next year, but I also don't like the idea of continuing to start Exum as he is way too raw. I think we can get into the playoffs next year with improved wing play.

What do you think about trading Trey for a back up wing player next year?

Burks - Exum
Hood - Wing player from trade(SG or SF)
Hayward - Millsap/Ingles
Favors - Booker
Gobert - Tomic

Some people might think Burks and Exum can start next year but I think we need more shooters in the starting lineup. Hood I think can provide that.

Alec could play PG for this team, but he's better served elsewhere on the floor. Keep rolling with Exum. Burke is fine in his bench role.

If we start Burks next year with Hayward and Exum our outside shooting will have the same issues as we are having now.

If we start Hood with Exum next year we can spread the floor more but Trey will be stealing away touches from Burks off the bench the same way Trey was hurting Hayward.

I am a Michigan fan and Trey needs to go. His decision making is horrible.

I think that Burks should play PG next year, off the bench. Burke has a good game about 3/10 games (pretty similar to his shooting percentage) and has had every opportunity. I know Hayward was bad last year, but at least he shot better in years prior to that.

Exum/Burks
Hood/Milsap
Hayward/Draft pick
Favors/Booker
Gobert/Tomic

I would be fine switching hood to the bench as SF, Hayward to SG and draft pick to starting SF if we get someone like Stanley Johnson. Also, if Jazz can get Neto to come over, then move Burks to SG off the bench and Milsap would just be in case of injury.

He could, yes. But Exum plays awesome defense and so he needs to start whether at PG or SG (if his shot improved).

Burks is clearly a better SG than PG. Burks was our best 3pt catch and shooter before he got injured. I've liked what I've seen from Burke off the bench too.

Burks as a PG really does not appeal to me - never has. You need a guy who can get the ball to the big men in the right spots. I just don't see Burks as a dangerous drive and dish guy

We're not making a deep playoff run for at least a couple of years anyways. What's the rush?

Dante will be fine. Considering how solid the Jazz have looked rolling with Jingles, Millsap and a semi-healthy Hood at the wing with Hayward, I'm amazed that anybody would want to completely mess with what's been working items of putting Burks into his normal spot and seeing how he impacts things.

Post ASB with Exum starting.
The Jazz are 6-2 (lost to Lakers and Celtics)
+8.4 point differential (2nd in the NBA)
83 ppg allowed (1st in the NBA)

He offense might be terrible but he is a smart kid and a pesky defender already. And his team is winning games!

He could, yes. But Exum plays awesome defense and so he needs to start whether at PG or SG (if his shot improved).

Exum plays OK defense. He gets beat quite often, Regardless, he's a net liability because he contributes next to nothing on offense. Loved that three at the end of the half; it made it halfway to the basket :rolleyes:.

The PG possibilities are pretty slim. Most teams decided on their PG's at the deadline and will match any offers. Lin is about the only viable solution I see. I'm just so tired of seeing Dante wet his pants every time he gets the ball into the paint...even when he's OPEN for a shot.

We are winning games IN SPITE OF Dante, not because of him. It's kind of like taking any number of ****ty players from Miami or San Antonio the past few years and giving credit to them for championships instead of the real studs who earned those titles.

I really don't like the idea of having Trey on the team next year, but I also don't like the idea of continuing to start Exum as he is way too raw. I think we can get into the playoffs next year with improved wing play.

What do you think about trading Trey for a back up wing player next year?

Burks - Exum
Hood - Wing player from trade(SG or SF)
Hayward - Millsap/Ingles
Favors - Booker
Gobert - Tomic

Some people might think Burks and Exum can start next year but I think we need more shooters in the starting lineup. Hood I think can provide that.

No. You have to have some perimeter defense, especially to stay in front of PGs.

Burks is one of my favorite players on the team, and he could play PG he really shouldn't. He isn't a great passer and his BBIQ isn't the highest. It might work in this offense, but I think Burks could be a lot more effective as a SG. Really just depends on how much he is able to get use to Snyders offense when he comes back