What's new

Could Have Gotten O. J. Mayo for shooting guard

jazzrule

Could have gotton O. J. Mayo

Yeah I know this might be moved to the general NBA, but since the Jazz are desperate for a shooting guard I think it fits here.

Memphis Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley said Thursday that he and his team did not pull out of a proposed deal that would have sent guard O.J. Mayo to the Indiana Pacers in exchange for power forward Josh McRoberts and a first-round pick.

“Indiana was not able to get it all together,” Heisley said in a telephone interview. “People are going to say I have reservations (about the proposed trade). I think from our point of view, we were interested in the trade going forward. It was a very, very difficult conversation for us. It took us a long time to decide. We were getting a lot of players at the two and three position and we were getting a little skinny at the four. We had three candidates we were looking at and when we decided on one, O.J. had to be part of that trade. It wasn’t that we were anxious to get rid of him.”

Tell me they would not have taken Millsap and our Golden State first round pick. Come on O'Conner did we try for Mayo?

Read more NBA news and insight: https://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineSt...#ixzz1F1tH7xcg

I know there will be many opinions on this, but I think Millsap and a pick would have been an overpay for Mayo.

I really like Millsap's game with the Jazz, and see him as a cornerstone going forward. The rotation we saw tonight with Elson and Favors backing up Millsap and Big Al looked good. I could also see Big Al playing the 4 with Fes getting some play at 5.

With Okur questionable, and Evans still really young and skinny, I see Millsap as less than disposable at this point.

Could have gotton O. J. Mayo

Yeah I know this might be moved to the general NBA, but since the Jazz are desperate for a shooting guard I think it fits here.

Memphis Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley said Thursday that he and his team did not pull out of a proposed deal that would have sent guard O.J. Mayo to the Indiana Pacers in exchange for power forward Josh McRoberts and a first-round pick.

“Indiana was not able to get it all together,” Heisley said in a telephone interview. “People are going to say I have reservations (about the proposed trade). I think from our point of view, we were interested in the trade going forward. It was a very, very difficult conversation for us. It took us a long time to decide. We were getting a lot of players at the two and three position and we were getting a little skinny at the four. We had three candidates we were looking at and when we decided on one, O.J. had to be part of that trade. It wasn’t that we were anxious to get rid of him.”

Tell me they would not have taken Millsap and our Golden State first round pick. Come on O'Conner did we try for Mayo?

Read more NBA news and insight: https://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineSt...#ixzz1F1tH7xcg

Wanted this sooooo bad you had to create a second worthless thread about it? And shout about it as well?

Wanted this sooooo bad you had to create a second worthless thread about it? And shout about it as well?

Worst thought out thread I ever posted and I posted it twice. LOL No Gregbroncs it was just a mistake and I can not figure out how to delete it. Sorry. Just a senior moment on my part I guess. Maybe the mods will delete it for me.

Last edited:
First you're going to give Millsap away and then on top of it a lottery pick for Mayo, who has underachieved, and has had off the court problems along with getting in a fight with a teammate. If the Jazz proposed that trade then Millsap would be in Memphis and the Jazz would be heading to the lottery again. No way I would do that deal.

OJ and CJ are practically equal. Yeah, OJ has more "upside" but he has also proven to have a crappy attitude.