What's new

could this be our team in 2012? with a little luck

Jbradshaw

i have been messing around with the nba draft mock lottery on espn and every 4 or 5 times the jazz move up from the 6th pick. what if we can get derrick williams and then draft jimmer fredette at 12? https://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2011/mockdraft
Could this be our team when the league resumes play:
Al jefferson
paul millsap
derrick favors
mehmet okur
ante tomic
cj miles
gordon hayward
derrick williams
raja bell
jimmer fredette
devin harris
deron williams
ronnie price

i have been messing around with the nba draft mock lottery on espn and every 4 or 5 times the jazz move up from the 6th pick. what if we can get derrick williams and then draft jimmer fredette at 12? https://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2011/mockdraft
Al jefferson
paul millsap
derrick favors
mehmet okur
ante tomic
cj miles
gordon hayward
derrick williams
raja bell
jimmer fredette
devin harris
deron williams
ronnie price

3811055786_b51d292cde.jpg

Al jefferson
paul millsap
derrick favors
mehmet okur
ante tomic
cj miles
gordon hayward
derrick williams
raja bell
jimmer fredette
devin harris
deron williams
ronnie price

I love how some people think that there is a chance Deron could come back.

Al jefferson
paul millsap
derrick favors
mehmet okur
ante tomic
cj miles
gordon hayward
derrick williams
raja bell
jimmer fredette
devin harris
deron williams
ronnie price

how are u gonna afford this team

I love how some people think that there is a chance Deron could come back.
Read the post. He said Derrick, not Derron. I think his Derron in the roster listing was inadvertent.

BTW, I hate the ESPN mock lottery. Just builds your hopes/dreams for something that isn't going to happen. But I had one hit where the Jazz's pick jumped to #1. And the NJ pick came in at #7. Jazz drafted Irving and Barnes (this was before Barnes stock shot up).

I think that 5-6 players should be better than Fredette for us....
Jimmer is an exciting player...but he is a very bad defender...he's short...he's not a play...
I prefer Knight...Walker...Barnes...maybe Burks...

Me too. If somehow all those guys are gone, which is possible in this weak draft, then we should probably get Jimmer.
Like you, I want those other players more.

Just hit up the draft machine and got this:

Jazz No. 6 pick: Jonas Valanciunas
Jazz No. 12 pick: Jimmer Fredette

Wonder if the machine has a built in "Jazz will only draft white guys" code...

Couldn't we also add Gerald Wallace and Josh Smith? I don't understand why you didn't include this in the OP...

Funny how that is. Also pretty annoying.

Well... I dunno... Imagine this line up.. it would be pretty cool..

C: Jonas Valanciunas
PF: Ante Tomic
SF: Andre Kirilenko
SG: Gordon Hayward
PG: Jimmer Fredette

Coach: Hornacek

Don't laugh.. it could happen..

I eff'd with the draft machine thing the other day and twice had us getting the first and second picks. Should have screen shot it. Out of 20 times (yes..........I'm a loser, what of it?) I did it twice was the 1/2 and 3-4 times we had the 2nd or 3rd pick.

Since we are rehashing draft talk here, I'll say again as a huge Jimmer/BYU fan, I'd take Knight and Walker before him. Kids a beast in college but it simply won't translate to the NBA. I still think he's a solid threat off a contenders bench if he gets in the right situation but that's it.

Ideally/somewhat realistically I'd love a combo of DwillII, Knight, Walker, Enes and Barnes (still not fully sold...).

Fredette won't go #12.

Time and time again I get Jazz selecting Jimmer at #12 - dunno why.. here's what it said about Jimmer:

"Fredette may not be the tallest or most athletic player in the draft. He may not be a great defender or a pure point guard. But he is the best scorer in college basketball. Fredette has ridiculous range on his jumper, plays with a big heart and finds a way to impact games. The comparisons to Stephen Curry are uncanny."

Don't forget Stephen Curry went 7th overall and that was widely considered a steal...

I eff'd with the draft machine thing the other day and twice had us getting the first and second picks. Should have screen shot it. Out of 20 times (yes..........I'm a loser, what of it?) I did it twice was the 1/2 and 3-4 times we had the 2nd or 3rd pick.

Since we are rehashing draft talk here, I'll say again as a huge Jimmer/BYU fan, I'd take Knight and Walker before him. Kids a beast in college but it simply won't translate to the NBA. I still think he's a solid threat off a contenders bench if he gets in the right situation but that's it.

Ideally/somewhat realistically I'd love a combo of DwillII, Knight, Walker, Enes and Barnes (still not fully sold...).

You need to get to Vegas quick. Do you have any idea what the odds are against the Jazz getting the first two picks? They're worse than 1 in 2000. The odds of having that happen twice in only twenty tries are ridiculous.