What's new

Could Yurt7 Overtake Kessler?

It in all seriousness, as an advocate of winning I’m all for it. Whatever works right? As Grant can attest, Yurt is a bit saltier than Kessler is. He also has a wider base and a better post game but who’s keeping track?

We should play them based on matchups I think. I don't like perma starter ideology, that NBA is so enamored with. Just All-Star calibre guys kinda are worth that status.

Maybe. He has more versatility and bigger skillset. He will never have the size and rim defense/paint presence of Kessler.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Maybe. He has more versatility and bigger skillset. He will never have the size and rim defense/paint presence of Kessler.

Same with Kessler vs Gobert but everyone here talked themselves into Kessler > Gobert because of that.

We wouldn't be having this conversation last season. I don't know why Kessler looks underwhelming this season.

Omar should definitely be getting more minutes
Will cut down on wear and tear on other starters

We wouldn't be having this conversation last season. I don't know why Kessler looks underwhelming this season.
He looked good last year because he was playing with a top 10 "make others better" PG and a team that had high level spacing for the first half of the season, then a bunch of psuedo-tank games in the 2nd half of the season.

Same with Kessler vs Gobert but everyone here talked themselves into Kessler > Gobert because of that.
You saw what you wanted to see in order to have something to argue about on this one.
Similar doesn't mean better.
Haven't seen anyone say Kessler is better than gobert who might be the best defensive player in NBA history.

I know a couple reasons. Injury, missing games and being brought off the bench are a few.
Also, small sample sizes aren't always indicative of what we will see over a larger sample size.