What's new

Cousins signs extension with the Kings - 4 years / $62 mil.

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/230008/DeMarcus-Cousins-Agrees-To-Four-Year-$62M-Extension-With-Kings

A guy on Realgm summed it up nicely. Lmao at the kings.

Notanoob said:
So, let's review.

-He's a chucker, with a worse career TS% (50.2) and eFG% (45) than notorious shot-jacker Rudy Gay (52.5% and 48.4%)
-He doesn't get back to play defense, worse than just about anybody in the NBA
-He's an attrocious pick-and-roll defender
-He fouls like mad
-He's soft
-He's immature
-His team is better on both ends of the court with him on the bench
-He's been in the league for 3 years and has given no indication that his attitude issues, or defense, will change

And this is the Kings' franchise player, who's getting the max?

Grantland had a fantastic article on him, and basically, the inevitable conclusion is that Cousins sucks. He's not untalented, but he plays awful anyways. Poor Kings fans. They honestly would have been better off dumping him and tanking with the Suns for Wiggins, Randel or Parker.

-sigh- and now Favors is going to expect the max. Likely Hayward will to with Paul's max deal.

Make him earn that with his play this season. I really don't think him or his agent think he would get that deal at this point. This season could change that.

Good for Sacramento. With Shaq mentoring him, I think they are moving in the right direction. With Cousins, Vasquez, and McLemore, I think that is a nice threesome.

Well the important thing is that the Kings fans are happy:

wow, 62mil seems like a steal. wasn't it rumored that we were going to give him around 80mil?
Extended him for 4 more solid years. I like that as well
Lets hope there is a team option for year 5
This is the kind of player you go down with the ship on. Not Tyreke Evans

Well done FO

Source-https://www.kingsfans.com/threads/cousins-extension-agreed-upon.53759/

So with Sanders and Cousins signed, the market seems to be set for Favors. Someone's likely to make Favors an offer in that range.

Cousins isn't worth this much but the Kings have no choice if they want to stay in Sac and he knows it. If Favors demands this much we need to trade him.

The price tag on Favors has been clear for some time now, this just further confirms it. It'll be interesting to see how Lindsey chooses to go about all of this.

Trade for solid backcourt guy and picks?

I really don't know what to expect. But I'll say this...many posters here are OVERLY afraid of giving Favors big money. We essentially traded the face of our franchise for this guy just to ride the bench for three years and then not pay him anything? That would be the biggest WTF move ever.

I really don't know what to expect. But I'll say this...many posters here are OVERLY afraid of giving Favors big money. We essentially traded the face of our franchise for this guy just to ride the bench for three years and then not pay him anything? That would be the biggest WTF move ever.

Only if he turns out to be good. I think people are worried about giving him the bank, and then he ends up sucking, but we're stuck with him.

I don't think he will suck at all, just sayin

Well the important thing is that the Kings fans are happy:

Source-https://www.kingsfans.com/threads/cousins-extension-agreed-upon.53759/

The kool-aid is always sweeter.....

Only if he turns out to be good. I think people are worried about giving him the bank, and then he ends up sucking, but we're stuck with him.

I don't think he will suck at all, just sayin

Not even so much suck as just not pan out to what he could have been. I think the AK debacle has a lot to do with this. Give him huge money to get mid-range production out of him, and a ****ty attitude. Boozer and his raise regardless ******** was along the same lines. Left a bad taste in many fans mouths and we don't want a repeat. I cannot imagine how it must be to be a fan of a front office that is a serial over-payer.

Been saying this for years now. We should trade Favors and the GSW pick for Julius Randle.

That boi is Hungry and he's a surefire perenial All Star.

Been saying this for years now. We should trade Favors and the GSW pick for Julius Randle.

That boi is Hungry and he's a surefire perenial All Star.

Yeaars? Uh uh.
And we can't trade nba for college so you gonna have to wait... I meani know you arw hungry and I can see it in your eyes but try not to premature ejaculate the thread beforw we have seen what gavors and randle dc an do this year

If you are going to sign a player to a MAX extension, you might as well wait until they become a RFA and let the market decide if you need pay that much.