What's new

Cousins vs Paul. How did Paul survive this vicious attack?

Chad Feldheimer

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27638-1363792783-0.gif

Paul did get a warning from the NBA.

It bugs me the most when the superstars flop. CP3 is a fantastic basketball player with loads of talent. Why does he need to act like a flopping little PoS?

Seriously, if its beyond blatant and isn't even in the flow of the game, fine the **** out of them. 100k for each offense.

Forget the fines, take away headbands, arm sleeves, and tights.... and make them wear John Stockton shorts for the rest of the season if they pull that crap. They'll stop.

Lol nice capture but if you watch it in the game's normal flow speed, it doesn't look that bad, his foot got tackled or he got it tackled in Cousin's foot on purpose. No doubt it's still exaggerated and came out of the flop instinct.

Lol nice capture but if you watch it in the game's normal flow speed, it doesn't look that bad, his foot got tackled or he got it tackled in Cousin's foot on purpose. No doubt it's still exaggerated and came out of the flop instinct.

bull.
He stepped in front of cousins and caused the contact if there was any.
If anyone had a right to scream in agony with arms flailing, it was Cousins.

It's fairly clear from Cousin's reaction that something happened below the picture frame.

not necessarily, but if it did, it was because Paul intentionally stepped into Cousins, LIKE I SAID!

Cousins could have been just reacting to Paul's flop, or not, it doesn't matter.

not necessarily, but if it did, it was because Paul intentionally stepped into Cousins, LIKE I SAID!

Cousins could have been just reacting to Paul's flop, or not, it doesn't matter.

I agree it was caused by Paul. I just meant that, with the way Cousins changes his leg movements at the end, their feet must have tangled up somehow.

Pisses me off. Dumb

I'd like to see major fines for blatant abuse.

This. **** warnings. This isn't like say a helmet to helmet hit in the NFL where players have been trained to hit the hell out a guy for years and are reacting in tenths of seconds.

Paul's made a conscious decision here and should have received a hefty fine.

IMO, penalties should be.

1st offense: Half game check
2nd offense: Whole game check, one game suspension
3rd offense: Three whole game checks, two game suspension + one game post-season suspension (or another third regular-season game suspension at beginning of following year for non-playoff team)

Maybe then these guys will stop this ********.

This. **** warnings. This isn't like say a helmet to helmet hit in the NFL where players have been trained to hit the hell out a guy for years and are reacting in tenths of seconds.

Paul's made a conscious decision here and should have received a hefty fine.

IMO, penalties should be.

1st offense: Half game check
2nd offense: Whole game check, one game suspension
3rd offense: Three whole game checks, two game suspension + one game post-season suspension (or another third regular-season game suspension at beginning of following year for non-playoff team)

Maybe then these guys will stop this ********.

I would just give them half their salary for the season and kick them out of the league.

I would just give them half their salary for the season and kick them out of the league.

The problem with cracking down is that it is not just a few instances or a few players .
There are thousands of instances, all similar but each a little different. How do you draw the line?

In this particular instance, the refs should have called a foul or a tech on Paul.
Everything could be fixed if the refs just made better calls.