What's new

Cp3=douche

kwb

I can't stand this guy. After what he pulled last year and now saying his heart is in NO but yet his agent says Chris wants to be traded to the Knicks. He says one thing and does another. NO is going to lose him. Just get it over with already.

I would trade him to the TWovles or Bucks for a minimal return just so that I could get even.

What the hell do the Knicks have to even offer?
Nothing, which is why extend-and-trades should've been one of the first things on the chopping block.

It's ****ing unbelievable the general narrative as it pertains to Deron and Piss Swiller. Deron's a disgruntled coach killer that forced his way out of Utah (though never did anything besides not commit to the franchise with 1.5 years left on his deal), while Swiller is just a SUPASTAH trying to get his and cool! Nevermind that Swiller has been trying to force his way out of a good (but not great) situation for years.

At any rate, New Orleans is doomed. This kind of behavior will destroy the league as we know it.

Yet the league could have stopped it all and didn't because the NBA doesn't want a competitive balance they want max revenue.

What the hell do the Knicks have to even offer?

Melo and Amare.

Yet the league could have stopped it all and didn't because the NBA doesn't want a competitive balance they want max revenue.

Actually, I'd say it's a half-truth. Of course they want max revenue, but there ARE changes in the new CBA that address competetive balance. Did they acheive everything they wanted? No, but they did make an effort towards parity, and in order to avoid losing the season, the owners had to give on some issues. IMO, the idea that they never had any intention of seeking competetive balance is a myth that people just like to repeat because they've read it a thousand times on the internet. Now that some of the details are coming out, it's time for people to check their facts, rather than just repeat things.

https://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/CBA-111128/how-new-nba-deal-compares-last-one

Melo and Amare.

Actually, I'd say it's a half-truth. Of course they want max revenue, but there ARE changes in the new CBA that address competetive balance. Did they acheive everything they wanted? No, but they did make an effort towards parity, and in order to avoid losing the season, the owners had to give on some issues. IMO, the idea that they never had any intention of seeking competetive balance is a myth that people just like to repeat because they've read it a thousand times on the internet. Now that some of the details are coming out, it's time for people to check their facts, rather than just repeat things.

https://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/CBA-111128/how-new-nba-deal-compares-last-one
I don't think I've said they never wanted parity, but it's obvious parity was a secondary issue.

While getting CP3 might sell a lot more jerseys, I'm not terribly sure it really improves NY that much... I'm not going to deny that CP3 would be an upgrade over whatever they got right now. I'm just not sure if it elevates them to "contender" status as did the Gasol trade to LA or the "Big 3" coming together in Miami. Of course, the media wants to make it sound like Melo and Amare are contenders... But I'm pretty sure we saw what they truly were in the playoffs last year (and the year before that, when Melo couldn't even beat a completely depleted Jazz team).

For one, NY doesn't have any outside shooters. CP3's knock is that he doesn't have much range.
I think also, all teams are going to struggle with black holes like Melo. Melo's at his best when he has the ball in his hands and can bully his way to the basket and FT line.

So while Amare might put up better numbers if he and CP3 can work the pick and roll... I'm not sure if that really helps Melo... And without any outside shooters, I really wonder if this move would help NY's offense. They would basically have two guys that are ball hogs and dunk a lot, and a speedy injury prone PG, who struggles outside of 15 ft.

How does this pertain to the Chris Paul situation?
If Chris Paul tells the Hornets he is going to the Knicks whether he's extended or not, and the Hornets are forced to believe him, then they are forced to take hardly anything back instead of nothing at all.

Look, I see your point, I really do. But the issue is much larger than that one time a superstar forced his hand in this way, and treating every extend-and-trade as such is simply bad for the quality of the NBA and basketball in general. If players know they can do this, they will do this if everything isn't perfect (and it never is).

If players know they can force their hand in this way, they will, even if they are bluffing.

Oh well. The system is improved, even if largely the same. This massive cultural shift just means the Jazz need to do a better job so hopefully the Jazz are up to the challenge.

In any event, Chris Paul is overrated and a complete ninny bitch.

If Chris Paul tells the Hornets he is going to the Knicks whether he's extended or not, and the Hornets are forced to believe him, then they are forced to take hardly anything back instead of nothing at all.

Look, I see your point, I really do. But the issue is much larger than that one time a superstar forced his hand in this way, and treating every extend-and-trade as such is simply bad for the quality of the NBA and basketball in general. If players know they can do this, they will do this if everything isn't perfect (and it never is).

If players know they can force their hand in this way, they will, even if they are bluffing.
Players will demand trades either way. Extend-and-trade allows teams in less desirable locales to get something (instead of nothing) in return for their disgruntled players. These teams still can tell the player no, and do so again when it comes to sign-and-trades. The rich, big spending teams rarely, if ever, have cap space, and players like Chris Paul will be forced to stick around in New Orleans or go someplace other than the team they really want to play for (unless they take a massive paycut).

With the cap rules as they are, how do sign-and-trades and extend-and-trades hurt small market teams? If the owners were willing to man up and refuse to capitulate, this wouldn't be an issue. As it stands, I'm glad the Jazz were able to get something instead of nothing in return for Carlos Boozer, and also were smart enough to move Deron before the situation deteriorated as it has with Chris Paul in New Orleans.

If you say Chris Paul is overrated or wont help the knicks. Then you need to be drug tested. Yes he does have range and he is exactly what the knicks need. Look at what Amare did with Nash. Melo could use his passing too. Go look at his numbers or watch him once in a while. Stop being stupid! Stop letting your emotions get in the way of critical thinking. I'm a jazz fan. And thought deron was better too. But Chris Paul is as good as advertised. If you don't like his personality then fine. Jordan and kobe are pricks too. But that doesn't change how good they were.