What's new

Crazy night.

Marty McFly

I was asleep this morning at around 5. I got a call from my mother telling me something or someone was in the yard and to come over ASAP. So her story was:

The dog was growling from her bedroom so she went outside to see what it was. The dog ran up to this thicket/bush thing next to the fence adjacent to our house and just started growling and barking so something was obviously in there. My mom said the bushes were shaking like something or someone was moving through them until it got to the end of the bush and was about to come out. She freaked out and called the dog and went back inside and called me. She lives in East SLC where car break ins and home invasions happen way more often than they should so this was pretty scary.

Once the sun started coming up I noticed the whole yard was torn up. She had just had all this dirt leveled and it was all torn up. There are a few big gashes in the dirt and (what I think are) a few 3"~ diameter, round footprints coming out of the bush into the neighbors yard. No idea what kind of animal it could have been. There is no way anything bigger than a dog could move through that thicket by our house. Even then they must be all scratched up from huge branches.

At least we know it wasn't a human. It just so happened her car window was down all night and everything was still in the car so that probably rules out human (in addition to a person not being able to walk through the bushes).

Any ideas? Coyote?

Here are a few pics of holes in the ground that weren't there before. I'll get some better pictures later!
001-3.jpg

003-5.jpg

004-5.jpg

^LOL

did any of the other neighbors hear anything or have anything happen in their yards?

I asked a few people who live near me and they said it was a badger.

They were mistaken. It was definitely Manbearpig.

P.S.ssss Please tell me you ended up killing him and you became the ultimate hero of the east side!