What's new

Crossover Poscast

Nah. I was firmly in the blow it the **** up right after the season. But, after seeing the haul Rudy got. I’m firmly in the build around Don side. Before the trade I thought it would be possible but extremely hard to build around a 6-1 scoring guard but those assets coming back should jumpstart things in my opinion. I think we can suck for a year and add some good MULTIPLE pieces by trade or draft or both. The big unknown is the coach

BURN IT TO THE ****ING GROUND!!!!!

He gets to play on a championship team. Sounds like a good fate to me while getting paid
He should have been on one here if we didn't have fully incompetent leadership and a coach that completely lost the team and couldn't make the right changes or get anyone to do what was needed. I think we severely underrated Ingles overall impact on the team culture and even in keeping them running the right way. After he left the culture nearly immediately was in the *****er and we stopped running the blender in any meaningful way. It's uncanny how closely those are tied together. We should bring in Ingles as our new coach tbh.

He should have been on one here if we didn't have fully incompetent leadership and a coach that completely lost the team and couldn't make the right changes or get anyone to do what was needed. I think we severely underrated Ingles overall impact on the team culture and even in keeping them running the right way. After he left the culture nearly immediately was in the *****er and we stopped running the blender in any meaningful way. It's uncanny how closely those are tied together. We should bring in Ingles as our new coach tbh.
I don't disagree, but overall I think injuries where the biggest issue for the Jazz

I don't disagree, but overall I think injuries where the biggest issue for the Jazz
Eh every team deals with that from time to time. I think the incompetent front office used the injuries as excuses as to why they weren't doing anything to address our obvious and real gaps. Yes injuries and timing of injuries specifically had a real impact, but that impact would have been lessened if they had gotten better pieces. They knew Conley had a history of injury, but they still hitched the wagon to him at 30 mill per season.

Eh every team deals with that from time to time. I think the incompetent front office used the injuries as excuses as to why they weren't doing anything to address our obvious and real gaps. Yes injuries and timing of injuries specifically had a real impact, but that impact would have been lessened if they had gotten better pieces. They knew Conley had a history of injury, but they still hitched the wagon to him at 30 mill per season.
If you're taking players of your list because of minor injury concerns you aren't going to have a very good team. Plus there was the Donovan foot injuries and Bogey missing the bubble.

Chris Mannix & Howard Beck Some interesting takes, basically super high on Rudy’s fit & potential for the Wolves with him. Pretty damning on Quin Snyders lack of adjustments in playoffs & inability to run actions to get Rudy the ball when switched onto a small defender, & particularly noted that he could punish Marcus Smart in the Olympics yet wasn’t trusted by Quin / Jazz to do the same in the NBA.

Interestingly also super high on Donovan’s ability to be A1 on a high level team. Thinks Jazz will make a move to make the team good this year rather than tank all out.

A week on I still think we traded the wrong guy. A guy who’s given everything to the team & community & wanted to be in SLC should’ve been able to stay & trade the primadonna who won’t stay. I could be proved wrong but can’t see it.

Quin has escaped all this with minimal damage to his rep. Interesting.
I was done with Quin. Glad we moved on.

Trading Rudy was the right thing to do if you look at his age and contract. Basketball wise it is debatable if it was the right move. I look forward to seeing how the deal turns out for both teams. Sentimentality should not be part of the decision-making process. For fans how they feel about a player is important, but the Front Office has to decide what they think is best for the future of the organization. Sometimes they get it right and other times they are wrong. Time will decide if it was a good move or not.
Good post

Well he is generally considered among the top five players in the game, just sayin….
Who hasn't really done anything since he rode the warriors coattails and had developed a problem of recurring injuries as he's aging. He's not getting better. He's going to start to slide, and with his injury history it's a good chance it happens sooner than later. Going after KD right now is really only for those teams who feel their window is open right now and will be for the next 2-3 years. Nobody better plan on anything much further out than that with KD because there are just too many question marks.

Last edited:
Who hasn't really done anything since he rode the warriors coattails and had developed a problem of recurring injuries as he's aging. He's not getting better. He's going to start to slide, and with his injury history it's a good chance it happens sooner than later. Going after KD right now is really only for those teams who feel their window is open right now and will be for the next 2-3 years. Nobody better plan on anything much further out than that with KD because there are just too many question marks.

To be fair if his foot wasn’t on the line he beats the Bucks who went on to win the Finals that year.

Sorry, if we’re trading for a guy ten years older, either we’re getting picks or none are involved. No way we should include picks in that too.
The nets are asking for a young all star and picks.

Well I do tend to be optimistic regarding our window - maybe overly so. But the fact of the matter is that he wouldn’t agree to a deal here unless it was a hostile takeover, in which case he’d just make our lives miserable until he got out (probably).

I’ve watched a lot of dominant teams over the years and that KD led Warriors team takes the cake in my book. Steph is pretty good and so is Thompson but there was really never any doubt who the big dog was. Unstoppable!

Last edited:
I’d love to have been a fly on the wall when the Snyder era was in it’s death throes.

From the outside, it really did seem like Quin was taking some time to reflect and make a decision on what he wanted to do, but now that we have a little more information, I wonder how much pressure came from management to accept some ultimatums, and if he was unwilling to do so, they would allow him to announce that he had decided to step down.

I have to own the fact that I was 100% against bringing Ainge in. I thought he would be toxic for the Jazz’s culture. Little did we know that the culture had already turned toxic and Ainge is the one setting **** straight. The dude got more for Gobert than the Pelicans got from the Lakers in the AD trade. At this point, I’m just happy to keep my mouth shut and watch the master at work.

I’d love to have been a fly on the wall when the Snyder era was in it’s death throes.

From the outside, it really did seem like Quin was taking some time to reflect and make a decision on what he wanted to do, but now that we have a little more information, I wonder how much pressure came from management to accept some ultimatums, and if he was unwilling to do so, they would allow him to announce that he had decided to step down.

I have to own the fact that I was 100% against bringing Ainge in. I thought he would be toxic for the Jazz’s culture. Little did we know that the culture had already turned toxic and Ainge is the one setting **** straight. The dude got more for Gobert than the Pelicans got from the Lakers in the AD trade. At this point, I’m just happy to keep my mouth shut and watch the master at work.
Ingram and picks is more, sorry