What's new

Current players who will have their jersey retired

I’m not sure any of them are locks. Closest is probably Rudy. Like I get it, we’re feeling good tonight but Deron Williams did more than anyone on this roster aside from Rudy as of now, and even with him it’s close. No one is a lock yet tbh. Rudy is closing in, but you gotta do something playoff wise to start talking about this. As for Joe...maybe? If the team goes to the finals or something.

I’m not sure any of them are locks. Closest is probably Rudy. Like I get it, we’re feeling good tonight but Deron Williams did more than anyone on this roster aside from Rudy as of now, and even with him it’s close. No one is a lock yet tbh. Rudy is closing in, but you gotta do something playoff wise to start talking about this. As for Joe...maybe? If the team goes to the finals or something.
This 100%.

2 and 27. 45 too unless DM does a full Haywho on us
Joe’s jersey should only be retired if we get to the finals or win a ring. Conference finals a couple times at minimum. Like jersey retirements shouldn’t be easily handed out. Rudy is getting there but there has to be some real noise made in the playoffs, as well as sticking around another 5 years. If Rudy plays his career a Jazz man and we can get to the finals again or win a ring, Rudy will get his jersey and a statue. Again he’s not there yet. Closing in but come on guys....like a jersey retirement should take plenty to get.

As for Donovan, you all know my feelings lol, and he’s far from being close to that right now. D-Will(who probably doesn’t deserve it but still represents an era of Jazz basketball that probably shouldn’t be forgotten) is still above Donovan in regards to something like that as of now. Donovan’s a couple contracts and several decent playoff runs away from that.

I think we’re just looking for jerseys to retire because it’s been so long, but truth is it should take quite a bit to get your jersey retired and a lot more than that to get a statue. I don’t think there’s a player on the roster that today is a lock to have it retired. I’d like to see Jerry Sloan get a statue, the arena named after him....something. He’s the one who deserves far more than a banner as of right now and it would be nice if it happens before Jerry is gone. That’s who we need to see honored at this point in a deeper fashion and fans should be pushing for some sort of better dedication to.

Like remember Hayward was gonna be that next one?.....Rudy’s approaching it but isn’t there lol. Donovan’s so far off of being a lock right now...like that day of reckoning will come for both, let’s not do this to ourselves lol. No one on this roster is a lock or deserving of a jersey retirement as of now.