What's new

Current Utah Jazz summer league roster

Considering we are still selling draft picks would we cut someone we still have to pay?

Yes. And making a smart business move to pick up some extra cash by swapping picks gives the Jazz more cash to do it.

Fwiw, I suspect the Jazz 2nd round manueveringS and picks will Make more sense on July 7th.

Yes. And making a smart business move to pick up some extra cash by swapping picks gives the Jazz more cash to do it.

Fwiw, I suspect the Jazz 2nd round manueveringS and picks will Make more sense on July 7th.
Let's hope so.. cos to get what must seem like pennies for the Org. for dropping 13 places is a real head scratcher for me.

Let's hope so.. cos to get what must seem like pennies for the Org. for dropping 13 places is a real head scratcher for me.

From Draft Express about Mike Tobey
Among centers, Mike Tobey had an impressive showing in competitive action, averaging 12 points (68% 2P%) and 10 rebounds in 26 minutes. Measured at 7'0.5 in shoes with a 252-pound frame, Toby has nice size for a center at any level, but his 7'0 wingspan leaving something to be desired.

I just heard that exum will be playing!!!!!

David ‘Dubi’ Pick: Source: Shonn Miller, forward from UConn, agreed to Summer League deal with Utah Jazz.

Miller might have the Jazz pedigree. Played 3 years for Cornell, got a degree played a year at UConn so he's smart. Senior year at UConn 12.3 ppg 57.2 FG! 37.5 3 point and 5.2 rebounds in a game. Probably Salt Lake Stars Material.

Miller might have the Jazz pedigree. Played 3 years for Cornell, got a degree played a year at UConn so he's smart. Senior year at UConn 12.3 ppg 57.2 FG! 37.5 3 point and 5.2 rebounds in a game. Probably Salt Lake Stars Material.

Spencer Butterfield from Utah St. Added to the summer league team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spencer Butterfield is a 6'3 190 pound guard who played for Juventus (Lithuania) last year. He averaged 14.5 ppg, 6 rpg, and 1.9 apg over 31.7 min per. Another guard to throw onto the growing list.

this shonn miller is interesting. TS 63%, PER of 25 in a good league for UConn. 38% from three last year and 80+% the last two years from the FT line, so that bodes well for his shooting. not that any of these guys have a chance to make the team, but right now it's about being entertained in summer league.

kinda hard to find video, but he can do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg7SErLDCRM

and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j52D_f0LzJc

this shonn miller is interesting. TS 63%, PER of 25 in a good league for UConn. 38% from three last year and 80+% the last two years from the FT line, so that bodes well for his shooting. not that any of these guys have a chance to make the team, but right now it's about being entertained in summer league.

7-1 wingspan at 6-7, with reputation for being a very good defender. May not have very developed wing skills yet, despite the good shooting %s (took very few 3s -- not much of playmaker).

Spencer Butterfield is a 6'3 190 pound guard who played for Juventus (Lithuania) last year. He averaged 14.5 ppg, 6 rpg, and 1.9 apg over 31.7 min per. Another guard to throw onto the growing list.

Over 40% on 3s both at USU and in Europe. Led European team in rebounding this year. Heard he plays hard. Short video I saw makes it looks like he's not a great athlete (neither much shiftiness nor lift). What do the USU fans think of him?

Last edited:
Also joining the Jazz roster is Terry Allen. F, Richmond

From what I can find quickly:
6-8, 240 PF, decent at many things but no big strengths, no real weaknesses, adequate but not great athleticism, made OK improvement in each of 4 college years -- sounds like a nondescript summer league player

Miller and Ford both interest me a bit as guys who could have roles if the buy in. And of course Lyles is a blast to watch

Terry Allen dropped 34 points and grabbed 13 rebounds against Cal which was the home of one of our second round picks. Richmond won that game too.