What's new

D-Lindz is the man

Carbon13

So I just posted this in the game thread but I thought I'd share it here. Sorry if this is silly to make a thread out of but I thought it was cool. Here's my story from another thread, all 100% true.

I was at the game last night and sat near the tunnel the Jazz were coming in and out of. After the game, the Jazz were jogging back to the tunnel. I shouted each and every one of their names; "RODNEYYYYY, D-FAAAAAVEEEESSSS, CJJJJ, YO CJ, LOOK AT ME GORDON!!" and none of them paid me no mind. But my night was made when making up the rear was Dennis Lindsey, so I decided what the hell. "Lindsey! DENNIS LINDSEY!" Midway through an excited trot, dress shirt soaked in sweat and half untucked, he swung completely around with a huge smile on his face and pointed right at me. I pointed back at him and shouted "U DA MAN!!". In that moment Dennis and I were spiritually linked forever. I love me some Lindsey.

This music seems appropriate for when your eyes met in unison and your souls are linked forever....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSav51fVlKU

After a one point loss in OKC awhile back I got an pass. It was a sticker, and I got
to hang out with the families. I didn't even know this existed. I talked with Ron Brewer
for quite a while. I was rocking a Brewer jersey, and took a picture with both of them.

Dwill and his mom were nice. Not sure if he was just on his best behavior because she
was there, but he took a picture with my wife. My camera wasn't working too well
so my wife and dwill were awkwardly hugging for what seems like forever. She had a huge
crush on Willy so she loved every minute of it. Wes Mathews and Miles were cool.

I think this was right after Eric Maynor was traded there. I remember him showing up and saying hello
to some of the team. I wonder what ever happened to him.

I noticed AK never showed. Seems like he wasn't apart of the closeness of that team.
As I remember it was DEC 31st new years. even though we lost a one point game, I went home
on cloud nine being able to see the team in that kind of atmosphere. there were no other
fans there. just players, and the team in the bleachers after the arena was empty.

I was at the game last night and sat near the tunnel the Jazz were coming in and out of. After the game, the Jazz were jogging back to the tunnel. I shouted each and every one of their names; "RODNEYYYYY, D-FAAAAAVEEEESSSS, CJJJJ, YO CJ, LOOK AT ME GORDON!!" and none of them paid me no mind. But my night was made when making up the rear was Dennis Lindsey, so I decided what the hell. "Lindsey! DENNIS LINDSEY!" Midway through an excited trot, dress shirt soaked in sweat and half untucked, he swung completely around with a huge smile on his face and pointed right at me. I pointed back at him and shouted "U DA MAN!!". In that moment Dennis and I were spiritually linked forever. I love me some Lindsey.

KcofG3a.gif

Mr. Carbon, gameface would like to know what DL was eating, wearing, had a girl friend with him, what kind of watch he wore, etc.

This reminds me of the time I was an official game photographer for the Jazz vs Warriors in Stockton's last year. At the end of the game I put my hand out for a high-five and actually got one from John Stockton! That was one of his last regular season games of his career but he was still "the man" to me and I was in awe.

Mr. Carbon, gameface would like to know what DL was eating, wearing, had a girl friend with him, what kind of watch he wore, etc.

Yeah, no. Not interested in all that.