What's new

D-Lo

Sneakers

Do we not have an official 2019 FA thread?

What are everyone's thoughts on maxing out D-Lo? Pros - young player, clearly improving, great compliment to Donovan, plays position of need, all-star pedigree (albeit in the East(,

Cons: A lot of money for a still largely unproven player who has had issues in the past (granted in a much less stable BB situation), Nets might match, tying up FA $ for a RFA that we could lose out on, he's streaky, injury issues.

Seems to me like it might be a gamble worth taking. Solidify our back court for half a decade with two young players with yearly all-star potential. I have no idea what the Nets' appetite would be for matching. I know D-Lo isn't a "Jazz player", but he's really thrived in the Nets system and stability, which frankly reminds me a lot of the program the jazz have running.

Plus Donny been liking his posts on twitter...

Do we not have an official 2019 FA thread?

What are everyone's thoughts on maxing out D-Lo? Pros - young player, clearly improving, great compliment to Donovan, plays position of need, all-star pedigree (albeit in the East(,

Cons: A lot of money for a still largely unproven player who has had issues in the past (granted in a much less stable BB situation), Nets might match, tying up FA $ for a RFA that we could lose out on, he's streaky, injury issues.

Seems to me like it might be a gamble worth taking. Solidify our back court for half a decade with two young players with yearly all-star potential. I have no idea what the Nets' appetite would be for matching. I know D-Lo isn't a "Jazz player", but he's really thrived in the Nets system and stability, which frankly reminds me a lot of the program the jazz have running.

Plus Donny been liking his posts on twitter...
I belive D-Lo is from Louisville, Donovan knows him well. Idk if D-Lo would want to play here tbh but who knows. Donovan and he know each other well, in fact Donovan posted an IG story of him headed to AS weekend on a plane together. They also went on vacation after the season together as well last year. So he knows him well, I just am not sure he’d come here.

It's a pretty damn big risk to Max him but I would do it. Decent chance I would regret it but there is a chance that he would end up being just what we need.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

It’s funny when dudes (who you can guarantee have never watched a player closely or consistently) say, “I hope my team maxes this guy cuz he could be exactly what we need.”

It’s ****ing frustrating how low the standard of evidence is for people today. They just jump on the train of some meme. Go for it.

It’s funny when dudes (who you can guarantee have never watched a player closely or consistently) say, “I hope my team maxes this guy cuz he could be exactly what we need.”

It’s ****ing frustrating how low the standard of evidence is for people today. They just jump on the train of some meme. Go for it.
Its about taking a risk. If we gave Russell a max deal, it would cost us exactly what Favors and Rubio combined to cost us for 2018-19. Sometimes, you have to take that gamble. If we crash out this year in the 1st or 2nd round, why not try something like this?

Exum, Donovan, and O'Neale are locked into bargain deals the next two years. We need to spend the money now on a gamble which could pay off.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Its about taking a risk. If we gave Russell a max deal, it would cost us exactly what Favors and Rubio combined to cost us for 2018-19. Sometimes, you have to take that gamble. If we crash out this year in the 1st or 2nd round, why not try something like this?

Exum, Donovan, and O'Neale are locked into bargain deals the next two years. We need to spend the money now on a gamble which could pay off.

Plus he is gonna get paid. It's not like it's just a couple of fans on a message board. A GM is gonna pay the guy and probably multiple other GM's will want to. Those guys probably watch a lot of basketball and do their homework. Imo

Also, I think myself and others acknowledge that it's a big risk. I used the word "could" be what we need, not will be or is.

Some guys suck at reading comprehension though. What can you do?

Oh and I said right in my post that there is a decent chance I would regret giving Russell the max. Again, reading comprehension is an issue for some.

My dream is that we're able to guarantee Favors' 2nd year and then trade him and the 2019 first for someone of value on a rookie deal. That would allow us to throw a max offer sheet at Russell, and sign Rubio if that doesn't work out.

Favors and the 2019 first for Taurean Prince? Seems to make sense for both teams, and Favors probably would thrive in Atlanta.

Plus he is gonna get paid. It's not like it's just a couple of fans on a message board. A GM is gonna pay the guy and probably multiple other GM's will want to. Those guys probably watch a lot of basketball and do their homework. Imo

Also, I think myself and others acknowledge that it's a big risk. I used the word "could" be what we need, not will be or is.

Some guys suck at reading comprehension though. What can you do?

Oh and I said right in my post that there is a decent chance I would regret giving Russell the max. Again, reading comprehension is an issue for some.
...still won't acknowledge that you've basically never watched the guy play basketball.

My dream is that we're able to guarantee Favors' 2nd year and then trade him and the 2019 first for someone of value on a rookie deal. That would allow us to throw a max offer sheet at Russell, and sign Rubio if that doesn't work out.

Favors and the 2019 first for Taurean Prince? Seems to make sense for both teams, and Favors probably would thrive in Atlanta.
The draft trade would seem to make sense.

A team I'm watching is Orlando. They obviously loved Vucevic and Ross so much they didn't even trade them even though they were expirings. If they keep those guys, they will be way over the luxury. Isaac and Gordon really don't fit next to each other. I would try the following:

Favors and our 1st
for
Gordon and Mozgov

This is one of those deals that gets agreed upon at the draft but isn't completed until the first day of free agency. Favors is a high quality vet for that young team and Orlando clears cap space necessary to keep Vucevic and Ross. We have to renounce Rubio to make this happen, but Gordon could be worth it because his contract is so great (declining less than $20 the next 3 years).

NOTE: I moved this to summer thread

Just look up how often RFA's change teams in the history of the NBA through signing. Its like less than one percent.

You almost have to try and work a sign and trade before presenting the offer... like going to them and saying we'll send this pick and some stuff and that might be more useful to them than Russell on a max deal, but almost always the team about to lose a guy just matches cuz it's better than nothing.

Maybe teams have learned after the Crabbe and Tyler Johnson matches that it isn't always the best idea. I think Tim Hardaway is the only one I can think of and that offer was so bad.